Re: Looking for evil trains

Where can I find models of evil trains , trains from hell ,

>ghost-trains, monster trains ?

Kato has a model of a pre-WW2 train with a nazi emblem. It is set number 11100, SVT 137 DRG, Crème & Violet, Era II, 3-Car Powered Set.

There have been other Nazi trains available over the years if you care to search for them.

Reply to
Ken Rice

Anywhere they sell models decorated for New Jersey Transit.

Gerard Pawlowski

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

For the ultimate evil train, according to the politically correct stance of today's society, see page 9 of the March 2004 issue of Model Railroad Craftsman: The Civil War Confederate Express.

See it online here:

Ken Rice

Mostly in your mind. Some movies have articulated the concept but then that is still somebody elses idea of evil.

-- Bob May Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less. Works every time it is tried!

Reply to
Bob May

Oh wait! I've got an evil train for you. Look for anything marked "UP".

Reply to
Ken Rice

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 18:41:32 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@email.ads (Ken Rice) purred:

Then there are those who would argue that the same racket...er, company' s Civil War Union Express would fit that definition perfectly.

cat

Reply to
cat

"? The 2-6-0 steam engine looks incredible"

Truth in advertising!

Reply to
Steve Caple

Bachman has a "Thomas The Tank Engine" set.

Reply to
wannandcan

My grandchildren tell me there is an "evil diesel" on the Thomas the Tank Engine show.

Paul Welsh

Reply to
Paul Welsh

I have a Model Power 4-6-0. It's Evil. Or maybe Model Power is for making such a neat looking little locomotive that's mechanism was designed in hell. My Balboa C-19s were evil but ones dead and gone and the other had it's demons exorcised with a new motor and gears. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 02:03:08 GMT, Paul Welsh purred:

Ask any steam fan, ALL diesels are evil. =^-^=

cat

Reply to
cat

Back in the very early days of steam the church declared locomotives were the engines of hell. So probably all trains are evil. But diesels are even more evil. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

What makes this a "Nazi" train?

Reply to
Mark Newton

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

LOL!

That's just cruel, Bruce.

Cheers,

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Thomas might be cheeky, but Diesel 10 is evil. Or just Diesel (the character).

Obviously I've read a few to my son.

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

try the early Tyco or Lke-Like F units. one truck powered. Cheap motor. Electrical pickup on only one truck. Plastic wheels on the insulated side, and if I remember correctly , traction tires.

These locos are probably responsible for more youngsters giving up on model railorading than any other single factor.

Evil. With a capital E.

Reply to
PEACHCREEK

In the original books, there is a diesel (simply named "Diesel") with a rather nasty temperment. He shows up for a couple of stories and that is it (the Fat Controller sends him packing). I don't think I've seen a commercially available operating model, but he's a British

0-6-0 diesel mechanical engine with a rectangular, smirking face.

The remaining diesels from the books (and for that matter, the steam engines), although not without their personality flaws, are basically nice. My personal favorite Diesel is BoCo (his name is a reference to his wheel arrangement, although I don't imagine the average 4-year-old picks up on that).

--Jim

Reply to
Jim A

Darn, you beat me to the punch...I was just about to say that!

Reply to
Slingblade