Looking for Broken Trains

Hello-

I'm interested in using some G scale model trains to decorate a babies bedroom. There's a good spot for a train on top of the closet. There's no electricity there, so I thought I'd find some non-working trains to set up there.

I can't seem to find any of them on ebay or through google. I can try to hit all the flea markets but that's a lot of work. I'm not looking to spend a lot of money, and locomotives seem to be at the 50-100 dollar range for a low end working model. Anyone know where I might go to find some used, non-working trains to use in decoration?

Thanks! T.

Reply to
Troy Daley

Troy=A0Daley wrote: I'm interested in using some G scale model trains to decorate a babies bedroom. There's a good spot for a train on top of the closet. There's no electricity there, so I thought I'd find some non-working trains to set up there.

-------------------------------------------------- The toy departments of stores usually have inexpensive battery operated locomotives at Christmas. You should be able to find them on sale. Different stores sometimes have models that are decorated differently.

History of N Scale:
Railroad Bookstore:
's Books and Toy Trains:
to 1,000 sites:

Bill

You don't even need three-dimensional models to corrupt -- I mean influence -- kids. I like to blame the train bug on my parents who hung cheap fiberboard train cutouts on my wall when I was a toddler. Yeah, it's all their fault! Heh-heh. :)

locomotives at Christmas.

That's right. They often look better than they run.

Reply to
Corelane

Look for a plastic train by "NewBright" (Chinese). It is battery powered and runs on G Gauge plastic track, and seems intended for operation around a Christmas tree. G "Scale" is not applicable to these trains as they are more caricatures somewhere very roughly around 1:29 proportion. My mother found a 2-6-2 loco, tender, and caboose (was missing the battery box cover, but would still run and make sounds on test leads) for about $10 in a St. Vincent DePaul Thrift Shop. I have also seen a freight car by this company in another resale shop. Being just past Christmas, you might find a freshly broken one at your local Disabled Am Vets, Salvation Army, St. Vinny's, etc. Or maybe you can find an unsold new on at post holiday sale close out prices. Gary Q

Reply to
Geezer

also.

4 whole umbilical chords (or baby breasts, or chicken breasts) 4 thin slices of smoked ham, and Gruyere cheese Flour eggwash (milk and eggs) seasoned bread crumbs 1 onion minced salt pepper butter olive oil

Pound the breasts flat (parboil first if using umbilical cords so they won?t be tough). Place a slice of ham and cheese on each, along with some minced onion then fold in half, trimming neatly. Dredge in flour, eggwash, then seasoned breadcrumbs; allow to sit for a few minutes. Sauté in butter and olive oil until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side.

Shish Kababes

As old as the hills, this technique has employed seafood, beef, pork, lamb, poultry, and vegetables; just about anything can be grilled, and young humans are no exception!

High quality marinade (Teriyaki and garlic perhaps)

1 inch cubes of tender meat, preferably from the nursery Onions bell peppers Wooden or metal skewers

Marinate the meat overnight. Get the grill good and hot while placing meat, vegetables, and fruit such as pineapples or cherries on the skewers. Don?t be afraid to use a variety of meats. Grill to medium rare, serve with garlic cous-cous and sautéed asparagus. Coffee and sherbet for desert then walnuts, cheese, and port. Cigars for the gentlemen (and ladies if they so desire)!

Crock-Pot Crack Baby

When the quivering, hopelessly addicted crack baby succumbs to death, get him immediately butchered and into the crock-pot, so that any remaining toxins will not be fatal. But don?t cook it too long, because like Bl

Reply to
Geezer