New run of GE 44 Ton Switchers?

In regard to a run of DCC-ready GE 44tonners coming from Bachmann, in the Spectrum line: Are they "coming" or have they already been on the market and I just missed them? I've already had a couple from a previous run, and they were anything but DCC-ready! Can anyone clarify, please?

Frank Eva Digital Railroader

DCC Models

If you're talking about the single-motor 44-tonners with solder pads for decoder wiring, they've been out for quite a while (at least since early this year), and are an absolute joy to work with compared to the old model which had a separate motor on each truck.

The 70-tonners with the same mechanism are supposed to be out in Summer,

2005.

-fm Webmaster of the Pere Marquette Historical Society, at

Rails on Wheels, Washtenaw County, Michigan's HO

The address in the header of this message is deliberately bogus to foil address-harvesters. See my web sites for my real address.

Reply to
Fritz Milhaupt

If this is what they are, Bachmann is again taking liberties with their interpretation of what makes a loco "DCC ready"! They did the same thing with their 0-6-0 tankers, and that ain't my idea of DCC ready! ;-) Any time you have to do your own soldering, their should be a disclaimer accompanying the description.

Reply to
DCC Models