Re: Looking for evil trains

No, not as much smoke involved...diesels are just engines of purgatory!

Reply to
Slingblade

A friend of mine took her young son to see "Thomas" at the local steam railway. The face on the engine scared the p**s out of him. He didn't sleep for a week afterwards. Another kid lost to the hobby!

Reply to
Les Pickstock

For an evil train, just look at the Tyco GG1.

Or, for that matter, any Tyco train.

-- Please note; return email address has changed. It is now snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net. Emails to Earthlink will be ignored.

The Gratiot Valley Railroad Club bi-annual train show and sale March 7, 2004, at the Macomb Community College Sports and Expo Center. Macomb County Michigan. Please visit our Web Site at:

Frank A. Rosenbaum

It was a DRG train set that started running in 1935 under the auspices of the Nazi government. The train has the Nazi swastika and eagle emblem on the sides and ends.

Reply to
Ken Rice

As did any and all Reichsbahn locos and rolling stock of the period. What's your point?

Reply to
Mark Newton

How do you figure that?

Any swastika emblem used since WW2 would be "unofficial."

Perhaps Lester can explain it. It was his question.

Or you could check the alt.philosophy newsgroup.

Reply to
Ken Rice

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 21:46:11 +1100, Mark Newton purred:

There has been a concerted effort to label all firearms as evil, so maybe someone is trying the same thing with trains.

cat

Reply to
cat

Good comparison cat. Pro firearms persons say people kill not guns and Anti firearms people say guns kill not people. So depends on which side of the fence you are on.

Reply to
Jon Miller

I'd tend to stay well away from both kinds of nutters!

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

How about "people kill people using guns" (though that's not always true)? You can kill a person without a gun, but it becomes much more difficult and a whole lot more personal.

An old Scientific American article I read some 20 years ago had the following stats:

1) A person is 3 times more likely to survive a knife attack than a gun attack. 2) Home with firearms were more likely to be burgled.

I don't remember the authors' names, and that being the pre-net era, I didn't check into their backgrounds. I'm also unsure at this point the sources of their stats. I kept some SciAm articles, but that was not one of them.

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

Accordions Don't Play "Lady of Spain", People Do!

Reply to
Steve Caple

Does Amtrak change from being "Democrat" to being "Republican" after an election?

More to the point, how does a railway, or it's trains, have political affiliations?

Reply to
Mark Newton

In 1937 the Nazi Government nationalized the German railways and the "eagle riding a swastika wheel" began to be applied to new locomotives and international express train carriages. From 1938 the Nazi government caused occupied nations railways to be integrated and set up a 3 tier administration (domestic/neighbouring/military) From 1940 production of new rolling stock was controlled by the government and restricted to war winning equipment. Even with all that going on, "affiliations" really doesn't cover the situation.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Germany, under Nazi rule, had one party. No others were allowed. Thus the equivalent concept of Democrat or Republican did not exist in Nazi Germany.

As for your second question, see my previous reply about how a train can be evil.

These word games are getting boring.

Reply to
Ken Rice

To rebut: A dropped accordion won't play a song. A dropped gun can kill someone.

You haven't seen an accordion played until you've seen Dick Contino. Come to Milwaukee's Festa Italiana this July and you'll see. Frankie Yankovic? Not even close.

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

Where can I find models of evil trains , trains from hell ?

Bush's campain train!

Reply to
U-48

My accordion tastes run more to the likes of Phil Cunningham or Nathan Abshire (or Dewey Balfa or Hadley Fontenot).

Reply to
Steve Caple

Karl Rove pullin' a train! Go mama!

Reply to
Steve Caple

Ah, but an accordion dropped on one's head can kill. Both guns and accordions can be hard on the ears. It all depends on what you do with them!

Regards,

DAve

Reply to
DaveW