Flatbed car id

I have a few questions about a car shown here:

Could someone ID it?

I'd like to build a scale model of it - where could I find plans,

3-views or good pictures of this or similar car? I know next to nothing about train modeling, so I don't even know where to start.

Is a model of this or similar car available? I'm thinking about

1/48th (O scale?), but if an inexpensive model was available in a different scale, I'd consider it as well.

Thanks in advance for any help and Happy Holidays, Chris

Reply to
Chris Holmes

They might be WWII era DR (German) 4 wheel cars as they have for loads what look like JU88 aircraft engines in nacells. I don't know enough to be able to advise when models or plans might be obtained.

Reply to
Charles Seyferlich

-- Please note; return email address has changed. It is now snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net. Emails to Earthlink will be ignored.

The Gratiot Valley Railroad Club bi-annual train show and sale March 7, 2004, at the Macomb Community College Sports and Expo Center. Macomb County Michigan. Please visit our Web Site at:

Frank A. Rosenbaum

Can't read the class numbers from the photo, but seems to be a fairly common European "low side wagon", similar models in HO should be available from Marklin, Roco, Fleischmann, Lilliput, almost any of the European manufacturers.

Don

-- snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net

snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com moderator: snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com co-moderator: snipped-for-privacy@Yahoogroups.com

Trainman

Contact the German Railway Society, who are based in the UK. They can probably answer all of your questions, as the wagon in the picture is a Deutsche Reichsbahn vehicle. The photo is obviously a wartime one, the wagon loads are Jumo aircraft engines.

Send an SAE/IRC to:

Peter Martin, 45 Parkhurst Road, Torre, Torquay, TQ1 4EW, UK.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Thanks for all the answers. As I can't send SAE from abroad, I'll try to find appropriate SIG or mailing list.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Holmes