American Flyer 704 Manual Uncoupler #704 Bid: $2.50

You are bidding on an American Flyer #704 Manual Uncoupler used on my 1959 American Flyer train. It works great!

Auction: 170181321303 at

J. Shattuck

On 12/28/2007 9:02 PM J. Shattuck spake thus:

Look, pal, I ain't bidding on nothing. And you don't seem to have gotten through your thick skull two things:

  1. You're violating eBay's rules by posting these here.
  2. A lot of folks just plain don't like this crap here. If you can live with making enemies, then just keep right on posting. (Some of these folks were even willing to tolerate one or two such postings, but then you let loose a veritable barrage of them.)

Repeat: we don't want to see your eBay auctions here. If we want to buy model railroad stuff there, we all know how to browse for it.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

"David Nebenzahl" wrote

Bad news.

I called eBay today to report this twit, and was told by the dweeb answering the phone that eBay no longer has a rule telling it's members that they can't spam newsgroups. I took the time to look up the eBay rules myself, and he's right: they've changed the rules and dropped that requirement; no doubt in search of every extra penny they can get, and who cares how many people get screwed in the process.

Hmmm. Maybe unregulated Lassie-Faire Capitalism isn't the "good-for-everybody" one-size-fits-all solution it's frequently made out to be?

Pete

Reply to
P. Roehling

May I suggest sending an e-mail to snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net along with the headers from his post? Mr. Shattuck was also nice enough to provide us with his valid email address. snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net Feel free to sign him up for anything. ;-)

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

David, i don't understand your comment or intent here by what you typed? . (Some of these folks were even willing to tolerate one or two such postings, but then you let loose a veritable barrage of them.)

Judging by the posts the morning the verbal barrage seems to be one-sided towards me. because a few on this board don't like the postingsof me and mmy auctions. I have seen others post toy train auctions on here since I've started. Can you post the scope and use of this newsgroup?

Reply to
J. Shattuck

"P. Roehling" wrote

---------

This is incorrect. Tell me the name of the dweeb you spoke to. I'm familiar with more than half of them. This is another reason to use the web-form to file complaints - There's a record of your complaint, the initial response and further exchanges. When you get a rookie answering your complaint through email, you can ask for an "Escalation" which moves your complaint to a higher authority (read: more experienced & savvy employee)

Escalations are mandatory so the rookie can't '86' your complaint like he can when you phone it in. Unless you're a "power-seller", I'm surprised your call was answered...?

Reply to
Amazed

"Amazed" wrote

Kindly point out exactly where it says that spamming newsgroups is against eBay policy. (A url would be nice.) After said dweeb told me it wasn't against the rules any more I looked for that quote and could no longer find it, despite having read that part and agreed to it when I first joined eBay seven or eight years ago.

If spamming Usenet *is still* against eBay policy, it would help to have an actual quote from the regulations when filing a formal complaint with eBay. And if you can supply said quote or point us towards it, I'm sure that a number of folks -myself included- would be thrilled to do exactly that.

Thanks,

Pete

P.S. If I remembered Ser Dweeb's name I'd be happy to tell you, but I don't.

Reply to
P. Roehling

On 12/30/2007 11:55 AM P. Roehling spake thus:

That verse & chapter of eBay rules was very difficult to find before; I have seen it, but have lost the link to it, and it's not in any obvious place you might think of looking.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl