For Sale this weekend: 1959 American Flyer Toy Train set on eBAY!

Here are my current eBay auctions (www.ebay.com) to be complete on 12/23/07 or 12/25/07 where I'm selling my 1959 American Flyer train set.

See these auctions as follows:
1. Auction: 170178978156
American Flyer #21088 Franklin Steam Loco Current bid: $26.00
Ends 12/23!
2. Auction: 170178982369
American Flyer #24322 Gulf Tank Car Current bid: $2.00
Ends 12/23!
3. Auction: 170178980976
American Flyer #930 ILLUMINATED CABOOSE Current bid: $9.99
Ends Xmas!
4. Auction: 170178981591
American Flyer #805 Pennsylvania Gondola Current bid: $2.00
Ends Xmas!
5. Auction: 170178982073
American Flyer #24322 Gulf Tank Car Current bid: $2.00
Ends Xmas!
6. Auction: 170178977214
3 AMERICAN FLYER S SCALE OVERLAND EXPRESS TRAIN CARS Current bid: $26.00
Ends Xmas!
I'm also selling some of my basketball sportscard collection:
1. 93 94 Fleer International Insert Set - 30 Sets total
This set had some of the greatest artwork for a Fleer insert set. The first set of all the international players playing in the NBA during the 93/94 year. This is a 12 card set which has been stored pack fresh since I acquired these cards in 1994. This is a condition sensitive set.
Auction: 170178989718
Current bid: $5.00 Ends: Dec-22-07 23:52:33 PST
2. 1987 1988 Fleer Sticker Bird McHale Wilkins Magic
You are bidding on a 5 card lot of 1987 1988 Fleer stickers. They include #1 Magic Johnson, #2 Larry Bird(2), #5 Kevin McHale, and #7 Dominique Wilkins.
Auction: 170178982912
Current bid: $1.00 Ends: Dec-23-07 16:45:00 PST
3. 89 90 Fleer Michael Jordan #21
Sharp card from a late 80's set.
Auction: 170178987464
Current bid: $1.00 Ends: Dec-23-07 17:45:00 PST
4. 1986 1987 Fleer Sticker Abdul-Jabbar, Olajuwon (2)
You are bidding on a 3 card lot of 1986 1987 Fleer stickers. They include #1 Abdul-Jabbar, and two #9 of Akeem Olajuwon. Note: One of the Olajuwon's has a stain on it. Pictures included in the auction.
Auction: 170178983377
Current bid: $1.00 Ends: Dec-23-07 18:45:00 PST
5. 1992-93 FLEER TOTAL D LOT- 10 Williams & 11 Robertson
You are bidding on a rare lot of 2 insert cards from the 1992 1993 Fleer Total D insert set. The cards are #10 Buck Williams and #11 Alvin Robertson. This is a condition sensitive set!
Auction: 170178984407
Current bid: $1.00 Ends: Dec-23-07 19:45:00 PST
6. Rare 1992-93 FLEER ALL STARS LOT
You are bidding on a rare lot of 8 insert cards from the 1992 1993 Fleer All Stars Lot. Cards include: #1 Michael Adams, #2 Charles Barkley, #3 Patrick Ewing, #8 Scottie Pippen, #10 Dennis Rodman, #21 David Robinson, #22 John Stockton, #23 Otis Thorpe, #24 James Worthy.
Auction: 170178985049
Current bid: $2.50 Ends: Dec-23-07 19:45:00 PST
7. Rare Unopened 91 92 Upper Deck Packs - 12 total
You are bidding on 12 unopened packs of 91 92 Upper Deck. This was the inaugural edition for Upper Deck. There are seven of the inaugural packs which include 12 cards per pack and random 3-D holograms inserted. The other 5 packs are from the high series and the chance for the Jerry West "Basketball Heroes" cards including a chance for randomly inserted Jerry West autographed cards.
Auction: 170178986162
Current bid: $3.00 Ends: Dec-23-07 19:45:00 PST
8. Grant Hill Rookie Lot - Finest #200 (3) & Hoops ROY (Rookie of the Year)
You are bidding on 4 cards. Three of these cards are the 94-95 Topps Finest #200 all unpeeled. The fourth card is the 95 Hoops Grant hill NBA Co-Rookie of the Year. All cards look great!
Auction: 170178988915
Current bid: $1.00 Ends: Dec-23-07 19:45:00 PST
9. Juwan Howard Rookie - 94 95 Topps Finest #288
You are bidding on the 94-95 Topps Finest #288 unpeeled rookie card of Juwan Howard.
Auction: 170178989177
Current bid: $1.00 Ends: Dec-23-07 19:45:00 PST
10. 1992-93 FLEER TOTAL D LOT- 10, 11, 12, 13, & 15
You are bidding on a rare lot of 8 insert cards from the 1992 1993 Fleer Total D insert set. The cards are #10 Buck Williams, #11 Alvin Robertson, #12 Dikembe Mutombo, #13 Mookie Blaylock, and #15 Rony Seikaly.
Auction: 170178983990
Current bid: $2.00 Ends: Dec-25-07 19:45:00 PST
On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 08:30:19 -0800, J. Shattuck wrote:

Is it RARE! Should we L@@K!! at it?
Should you FOAD - no question about that.
--
Steve

What does that mean anyway? Secondly, what's wrong with posting something about a toy train on a usenet group that is based on TOY TRAINS?
On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 00:38:03 GMT, Big Rich Soprano

FOAD = F**K Off And Die
What's wrong is that this a "model" railroad group, not a "toy" train group!! This is NOT a For Sale or Want Ad group, either. Go to eBay and Craig's List for that junk.
--

The Seabat
GoogleGroups filtered with extreme prejudice.

Wow... this aughta make someone new want to get in the hobby for sure!
On 12/22/2007 2:42 PM Big Rich Soprano spake thus:

Welcoming folks into the hobby != allowing any and all advertising here.
On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 22:42:38 GMT, Big Rich Soprano

<stepping up on soapbox> Ha! If someone was looking to get into this hobby and stumbled upon this group, after reading several posts, they would probably run screaming from the room into their mama's arms! :) Have you 'read' some of the post in this group? [rhetorical question]
I come here for information on "model railroading", not to be assaulted with buy & sell, wheel & deal or pelted with advertisements. There are other forums for those venues. <stepping down from soapbox>
Elvis has left the building!
--

The Seabat
GoogleGroups filtered with extreme prejudice.
Oh sorry!..What is the scope of this group? I assumed it was. Thanks in advance!
at it?

On 12/22/2007 3:35 PM J. Shattuck spake thus:

Well, since you were nice enough to ask, I suppose you deserve the courtesy of a reply. As you can see, opinion is divided here as to whether it's OK to post notices of eBay auctions here (assuming they're model railroad related). Myself and others think they suck. So you can do what you like, but my advice would be to not post them here. Post other stuff: questions about models, answers, observations, etc.

David, thanks for your response. I'll refrain from posting them here. But can you direct me to a site where I can post ?
at it?

On 12/23/2007 12:10 PM J. Shattuck spake thus:

A *site* where you can post? First of all, you do realize that this isn't a "site", right? It's a newsgroup (Usenet). And a quick search showed that there's no companion ".forsale" group to this one, as there are to many other newsgroups, where for-sale postings are OK.
So far as finding other sites goes, I guess that's what search engines are for. Unless someone else here knows of some places.

If you don't post them here you'll miss the core of the buyers you want to see the auction. It just makes sense...
(an ignorant) "Big Rich Soprano"
Ew that hurt...

That would be true if ads were welcome on Usenet in general.

I like seeing them so...
Please don't top post. http://learn.to/quote /

eBay is in and of itself a shopping destination for many people: No outside advertising required. And there's always Craigslist.org and your local paper.

Well like any other usenet news grope this deteriorates into a you're wrong match constantly...
Thanks I'll post once more on Xmas Eve! Thanks for your help!

Please don't top post. http://learn.to/quote

The scope is model railroading. Though smart people generally stick around and lurk before posting blindly. It's generally safe to assume advertising is NOT allowed in any online forum unless specifically stated otherwise.

And all i say is leave the people who do post the items here alone. There are more than a few of us who would like to see the auctions...