Questions about Centuri Saturn V Kit

Hello everyone!
I am trying to determine the provenance or vintage of a Centuri Saturn V kit that I have. The kit is sealed in the factory packaging - a large white
range-style box that is sealed in the shrinkwrap. The front of the box has a large label affixed to it that shows the launch of Apollo 17 in December 1972 and has a number "IP-806" printed in the bottom left corner. The back side graphics only mention using B and C size engines. There is no mention of either the Super C5 or D-size engines. The only other number that appears on the box is "2140". I can't find this number in the Centuri catalogs or other online resources. Usually, the Centuri Saturn V was numbered either KS-12 or 5142. Does anyone out there have any additional info that they can share.
Cheers, Eric
--
Eric A. Beatty

Eric A. Beatty wrote:

It is completely worthless. As a courtesy I will be glad to remove it for you. I will even pay the shipping.
Don't thank me. It's the least I can do.
Bill Sullivan
"You can find complaints as far back as Socrates about how things aren't like they were in "the good old days" and how the world is going to hell in a handbasket. Either hell is a lot farther away than we thought, or the handbasket is moving *really* slowly." - Chris Zakes
Well Eric its from the late 1970's and near the time when Damon purchased Centuri and controlled both Estes and Centuri.
Its the same exact kit, as the 5142. Why did the numbering change take place? Don't know. Its it any more valuable because the number on it is different than that 5142 kits ... possible, but HIGHLY unlikely. Either kit is desired so it doesn't make a difference.
Nothing special with the 2140. May have been deliberately number so to come into pattern with the Estes numbering system. For a few years, Estes sold Centuri kits in the catalogs and special sales fliers/coupon catalogs. May have been number specially for that purpose.
There were some redesigns of the kit, e.g. went from 3 cluster of 18mm to a single 24mm. The bulkheads were changed a couple of times (different materials used). There may have been some Estes re-engineering but that would have been to remove the Centuri documentation and replace it with Estes labled documents.
Other than that, the 2140 and the 5142 are Exactly the same. Sorry I wish I could tell you that the kit is worth 10 times what the 5142 goes for, but that would be plain silly.
On auction, the kit will range from the low $100s to some where in the mid $200.00s ... it all depends on the stars, and the bidder's wallet/desire.
Eric A. Beatty wrote:

Don't listen to him! It's nearly worthless. Old, dry rotted, etc.
I'll give you $20 right now, just out of the goodness of my heart.
; )
Randy www.vernarockets.com
Randy, Does Verna know you offered that much out of the kindness of your heart? She should spank you blind....LOL your to good to him.

ME!? She's the one with 3 built and 8 of various vintages, mint in the box! Some she picked up still sealed in plastic for under $40! She also drives a Saturn L300 with a Saturn V on the tag!
Randy www.vernarockets.com
mmmm me thinks me spoke out of turn....Oh loved the article in the magazine this month.

No, you were correct. : )

Glad you enjoyed it.
Verna www.vernarockets.com

I am not even going to go there. ; ) He's pretty good to me too.
Verna www.vernarockets.com