Photo of B-17 Mount 'n' Ride - OR*B ???

Anyone know where I can find a photo of a B-17 named Mount 'n' Ride? (91st BG / 323rd BS) I need to see the Squadron / in Squadron letters ( OR*B ).

I have the SuperScale sheet that has this aircraft but it shows OR*B positioned in an awkward way. They appear to be oriented parallel to the ground (assuming the aircraft is at rest) instead of parallel to the north sound axis of the aircraft.

Maybe this orientation is right? Have looked at several websites - all they have are photos of the nose-art. When you see the nose-art you'll know why.

TIA for any suggestions.

Reply to
WR

I was not able to come up with a pic of this particular aircraft, but several other pics of

323d Sqdn birds (Rebel's Revenge, OR-L,, Stormy Weather, OR-S, and Mary Lou, OR-P) have the same orientation for their codes as the SuperScale sheet for OR-B.

In addition, a color plate in Roger Freeman's "The Mighty Eighth" reflects the same ar- rangement.

I agree that "Mount 'n' Ride' is nice, but my favourite is the 490th BG's "Five Quid for Breakfast".

Hope this is of some assistace.

Reply to
verne foss

Thanks for the info - and it is very helpful.

Reply to
WR