Web Videos: A-36 Invaders, B-29s, F-86s, WW2 Dive Bombing & Merrill's Marauders

Zeno's Warbird Video Drive-In October 2012 Newsletter
Hello World War 2 & jet aircraft fans --
You are invited to drop by Zeno's Warbird Video Drive-In

to view our October selection of five exciting classic aviation videos show
ing over the Web. All our films are now streaming in high quality, cross pl
atform & device broadband video.
As always, all of the videos showing on our web site are for your free view
ing pleasure. Please help "spread the word" by liking us on Facebook!
Now showing in August "At the Matinee" at Zeno's Drive-In Free admission!

"A Day with the A-36s in Sicily plus Captured Axis Aircraft " The A-36 was
the ground attack variant of the P-51 and was known as "the Invader," "the
Mustang" or "the Apache." This is very rare combat footage of an A-36A figh
ter-bomber squadron in action in Sicily. I compiled and edited this unique
extended restored color version of the film using multiple sources. Hidden
gems in this film are up close views of captured or destroyed Axis aircraf
t, including an He 111, FW-190, Ju-88, and a very rare color view of an int
act Italian Macchi 202 "Folgore" in full desert cammo.
"B-29s Over North Korea plus Colorful B-29 Nose Art " I created this origin
al documentary from a recently found reel of silent, unedited and undocumen
ted footage shot by the US Air Force in Korea in August-September, 1950, fo
r a documentary that was never released. The highlight of the film shows an
early morning briefing for 19th Bomb Group (28th, 30th and 98th Bomb Squad
rons) at Kadena Air Base on Okinawa." And as a special bonus, we've added "
19th BG Color Nose Art Scrap Book," a collection of remarkable Kodachrome s
lides taken of 19th BG B-29s by SSgt. George J. Amthor, an armorer with the
19th BG, 30th Squadron, at Kadena in 1950-51.
"No Sweat" Flight Safety Training with the F-86D Sabre Jet" This film was p
roduced by USAFE (United States Air Force, Europe) and filmed on location i
n West Germany in the 1950s in order to cut down on costly air accidents re
sulting from pilot error. The star of this show is the featured aircraft, a
North American F-86D -- the all weather version of the Sabre jet -- which
is shown in considerable detail.
"How to Dive Bomb in World War 2 Aircraft " The US Navy pioneered dive bomb
ing techniques after World War I and it shows in this informative film, pro
duced by the Department of the Navy in 1943. You'll learn everything from t
he basic theory of dive bombing to how to put your egg on a real target, in
cluding ships at sea.
"Merrill's Marauders and the 88th Fighter Squadron in Burma" This dramatic
film contains all known footage of Merrill's Marauder's 5307th Composite Un
it (provisional) secret deep penetration mission behind Japanese lines thro
ugh the Burmese jungle to capture the airfield at Myitkyina in 1944. The la
st third of the film is an up close look at 88th Fighter Squadron P-40 dive
bombers flying out of the captured airfield, supplying very close air supp
ort for the Marauder's final assault on the town itself.
We also show 1940-45 vintage WWII Army & Navy films and pilot's manuals on
how to fly the F4U, F6F, P-38, P-39, P-40, P-47, P-51, P-61, TBF/TBM, AT-6/
SNJ, B-17, B-24, B-25, A-20, A-26, B-26, B-29, and Stearman N2S. Alert! - d
on't miss the F-86 & B-58!

Zeno
Zeno's Warbird Video Drive-In
World War II Aviation Videos Playing Online 24/7

Now on Twitter @ZenosWarbirds
Web Videos: A-36 Invaders, B-29s, F-86s, WW2 Dive Bombing & Merrill's Marau
ders
Reply to
zeno