Zeno's Warbird Video Drive-In August 2013 Newsletter
Hello World War 2 & jet aircraft fans --
You are invited to drop by Zeno's Warbird Video Drive-Into view our August selection of eight exciting classic aviation streaming o ver the Web in broadband, including three films commemorating the 70th Anni versary of the Ploesti mission.
As always, all of the videos showing on our web site are for your free view ing pleasure. Please help "spread the word" by liking us on Facebook!
Now showing in August "At the Matinee" at Zeno's Drive-In Free admission!
- Luftwaffe Finis! Restored Color. I produced this documentary from unedit ed, silent footage. Recently discovered color film of top Luftwaffe leaders and pilots taken as they fell into Allied hands at the end of World War II . You'll see startlingly realistic color footage of Herman Goering, Albert Kesselring, Adolf Galland, Hans Ulrich Rudel and many more. Captured aircra ft are shown as well, including an Me 262, the first jet fighter, and an FW 190. You'll be amazed when you see these color images out of the past..
*The 362 Fighter Group, on the prowl over Germany .Restored Color. Exclusiv e Production! Select 362nd Fighter Group P-47 Thunderbolt fighter/bombers w ere specially equipped with extra color movie cameras to capture thrilling ground and air attacks as they happened. These squadrons were tasked with s triking targets inside Germany as the war against the Third Reich entered i t's final act in Spring, 1945. The result is unique "from the cockpit" view s putting you in the middle of attacks on tanks, airfields, trucks, rail ya rds, bridges, trains, fighters, and more.
- The 98th Bomb Group: B-24 Liberators Over Africa. This is an exclusive pr oduction. Recently discovered footage shows Medal of Honor winner Col. John R. "Killer " Kane and the men of the 98th Bomb Group in the Summer of 1943 , shortly before the heroic, costly Ploesti mission, at their desert base i n Benghazi/Benina, Libya. You'll see legendary B-24 Liberators like "The Vu lgar Virgin," "The Sandman," and "War Cloud." Sadly, several of these ships were filmed here for the last time before they were lost over Romania.
- US Bombing Raids on the Ploesti Oil Fields 1942-43 These are two films co mmemorate the costly missions flown by the US Army Air Force against the Pl oesti oil fields in Romania in 1943-44. August 1st marks the 70th Anniversa ry of the first mission
- B-24 Liberators over Europe 1942-1945 .This remarkable film was produced by the Eighth Air Force from combat camera footage showing B-24s in action over Europe. From Ploesti to Berlin, you'll discover memorable Liberator sc enes not found anywhere else, including pulse pounding air attacks.
- The Twenty Five Hour Day: F-105s in Vietnam. Restored Color. This film, produced by Fairchild-Hiller-Republic for the US Air Force, offers a unique look inside F-105 "Thunderchief" ("The Thud!") fighter-bomber operations w hen the air campaign against North Vietnamese supply lines was ramping up i nto to high gear.
- The Fighting 51st: F-86 Sabre Jets in Korea. Restored. This revealing doc umentary was produced by the US Air Force during the Korean War. You'll see members of all sections of the 'Fighting 51st" Fighter Group and their F-8
- Interrogation of Enemy Airmen -1943. This fascinating film, from the arch ives of the Central Intelligence Agency, was produced during World War 2 to train American "AIOs" (Air Intelligence Officers) in techniques for interr ogating captured enemy airmen, gathering vital intelligence.
We also show 1940-45 vintage WWII Army & Navy films and pilot's manuals on how to fly the F4U, F6F, P-38, P-39, P-40, P-47, P-51, P-61, TBF/TBM, AT-6/ SNJ, B-17, B-24, B-25, A-20, A-26, B-26, B-29, and Stearman N2S. Alert! - d on't miss the F-86, B-47 & B-58!
Zeno Zeno's Warbird Video Drive-In World War II Aviation Videos Playing Online 24/7Now on Twitter @ZenosWarbirds
Web Videos: Luftwaffe Finis, Thundering P-47s, F-105s, Ploesti B-24s, F-86s & more