Zeno's Warbird Video Drive-In January 2014 Newsletter
Hello World War 2 & jet aircraft fans --
You are invited to drop by Zeno's Warbird Video Drive-Into view our January selection of eight exciting aviation streaming over the Web in broadband. There are four premiers!
As always, all of the videos showing on our website are for your free viewi ng pleasure. Please help "spread the word" by liking us on Facebook!
Now showing in January "At the Matinee" at Zeno's Drive-In Free admission!
- Flexible Aerial Gunnery: Making a World War 2 Gunner NEW This Army Air Fo rce training film is the best look inside a World War 2 aerial gunnery scho ol we have seen. Developed to be shown to trainees at the beginning of thei r course, its a thorough step by step preview of what to expect. You'll see : .30 &.50 caliber machine guns, dealing with jams, compensating for bullet drop, estimating range and leading targets, bore sighting and harmonizatio n & a lot more. Live highlights include action on the firing range using tr ansplanted motorized .50 cal gun turrets shooting at moving targets and in the air firing at towed targets
- Stratojet: Meet Your Boeing B-47 NEW! Great color Boeing B-47 footage her e! See the design, development and manufacturing of the Boeing B-47 Stratoj et, the US Air Force's first operational long range all jet bomber. Then yo u'll follow a crew from SAC's McConnell Air Force Base (3250th Combat Crew Training Wing) on a training mission that simulates a night attack using a practice target in the US.
- 354th Fighter Group "P-51 Mustang Pioneers" Exclusive production. Rare c olor film of the legendary 354 Fighter Group, with over 700 Kills, the high est scoring American unit in Europe. You'll see great aces like G.T. Eagles ton and B.W. Carr at work and at play in their newly captured base in Germa ny in Spring, 1945, only a few months before war's end. Nice scenes with th e group's well known P-51Ds too, including "Margie Maru" and "Angel's Playm ate." This was the first group to fly P-51Bs in the ETO. Amazing color gun camera film!
- Land & Live in the Jungle for World War 2 Airmen NEW Five crewmen from a stricken B-25 bomber parachute into a dense tropical jungle. The dramatic story of how they make it out is fascinating and informative viewing. Four of the crew land together & get just about everything right. On the other h and, the planes pilot, Captain Harris, played by Academy Award winning acto r Van Heflin, is separated from the others, panics and does just about ever ything wrong -- and pays a heavy price for his ignorance.
- North American B-25s: Winged Artillery Nine 75mm cannon firing B-25Gs of the 48th Bomb Squadron, 7AAF, based on Apamama in the Gilbert Islands, cond uct a hair raising tree top level strike on the Japanese air base on Mille. Also features amazingly well preserved and very rare color footage of dail y life of air crew and ground personnel stationed on the islands.
- Attack! The Battle for New Britain NEW Stage two of the isolation and re duction of the Japanese fortress of Rabaul was the seizure of key bases at the opposite (Western) end of the 370-mile long island of New Britain, cutt ing enemy supply lines and providing advance airfields for continuing attac ks on the stronghold. You'll see all aspects of the invasion, including pla nning, training, air attacks, amphibious assaults, and the intense jungle f ighting to secure objectives. And there's more of those exciting low level B-25 strikes!
- How to Dive Bomb in a World War 2 Aircraft You'll learn everything from t he basic theory of dive bombing to how to put your egg on a real target, in cluding ships at sea. Navy SBD "Dauntless" dive bombers delivered fatal blo ws against the Japanese carrier force at the battle of Midway using the sam e techniques you'll see in this film. A must for history buffs and virtual combat pilot's alike.
- Target for Today (Restored) This is THE classic World War II feature leng th documentary detailing a "maximum effort" American daylight bombing missi on deep into Germany. There are no actors or recreations in "Target For Tod ay. This film was shot on location under combat conditions and features the officers and men of the 8th Air Force going about their deadly business. A ll aspects of an actual major raid in 1943, from early planning through fin al touch down and crew debriefings, are covered in this very thorough accou nt. Anklam. Danzig and the FW-190 plant at Marienburg are the targets hit. We also show 1940-45 vintage WWII Army & Navy films and pilot's manuals on how to fly the F4U, F6F, P-38, P-39, P-40, P-47, P-51, P-61, TBF/TBM, AT-6/ SNJ, B-17, B-24, B-25, A-20, A-26, B-26, B-29, and Stearman N2S. Alert! - d on't miss the F-86, B-47 & B-58!
Zeno Zeno's Warbird Video Drive-In World War II Aviation Videos Playing Online 24/7Now on Twitter @ZenosWarbirds
Web Videos: WW2 Gunners, B-47s in color, P-51s, 75mm B-25s, Jungle Survival & more