Tamiya 1/48th B-17?

Any more news about this rumored kit in the making? What type? If its a C/D it'll be a have to have. Would be OK if it were an E (yawn), but hope its not a F or G (ugh).

Al

Reply to
old hoodoo

You have to realize that if the marketing people for Tamiya have done their homework they realize that there were more G's produced than all other variants combined.

I agree with you that it would be great to see a C or a D, but I've been on this 'ol Earth too long to expect that the market/sales people working for Tamiya would give us anything different. The decision revolves around one concept........greed, show me the money, how ever you say it.

I'll bet my cookies that it will be a G (90%) or an F (10%).

You best not get your hopes too high for anything else.

F Marion

Reply to
Francis Marion

Um, is this the same one that has been rumored in this group since 1995... I wouldn't hold my breath.

John Benson ------------------------ IPMS El Paso Web Guy

John Benson

I heard that Trumpeter is doing a 1/32 one as well.

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

Panda was the one who announced a 1/32 B-17.

Reply to
Charles Jones

what about the MPM in 1/16?

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

Yea, what's up with those greedy bastards wanting to turn a profit. What we need are more companies who will cater to the minority, take a financial loss or two, and, um, quit making new molds?

Shawn

Reply to
Shawn Hull

Hello; Don't forget that Hasegawa has been releasing Monogram kits in 1/48, so it may just be the Revell/Monogram kit in a HaSEGAWA BOX WITH DIFFERENT DECALS. cHEERS, bOB K.

Reply to
ModelBuilder546

in article VYqGb.640480$HS4.4642755@attbi_s01, Francis Marion at snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote on 12/24/03 7:21 PM:

I wouldn't get my hopes up for a Fortress from Tamiya at all. They may have one in the works but then they probably have a lot of things in the works that will never be produced. This is at least the third year, probably four--I forget, that the rumor of a 1/48 Tamiya B-17 surfaced. I think it's pretty doubtful.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

All:

Why not try a scratch build? Yeah, it would take 2 years off your life, but you can then build whatever variant you like . . . .

Ciao

Reply to
TSR2

I've heard that a model company called "Boeing" made a 1:1 scale B-17 about sixty years ago. Maybe they'll re-issue. I think it was made from aluminum, though. It'll need a ton of crazy glue. Frank

Reply to
Frank Harmon

If you look around, you may be able to find the knockoff made by "Vega". Or was it a reboxing? :+) Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

Mirage Models from Poland is releasing a F and a G in 1/48,

Tamiya in the past did have a B-17G, all it was is just a repackaged Monogram kit.

it would be nice to see them actually produce one

Reply to
hoosranime

where's my freakin 1/48 swordtail?

Write to the company. They're usually pretty good about replacing parts. Did you lose yours in the carpet, or break them taking them off the sprues?

Reply to
Frank Harmon

The downside to writing them is paying the licensing fees to use their name in the address. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Hello People and Happy New Year:

well I finally found out some answers.

Tamiya is not making a 1/48 B-17 kit

I had a friend in Japan speak directly to the company

Mirage Models in Poland is making a B-17G and a B-17F in 1/48 scale.

this has been mentioned in a few publications, and if you email Mirage Models, they will confirm it, but they don't know when the planes will be released.

Hasegawa had a repackaged version of the B-17G by Monogram, and that was the only Japanese sold 1/48 scale B-17G, this was part of the nose art series.

So whoever plugged the rumor might have got their companies mixed up

Reply to
hoosranime

Hey if you want a C, D or E

Koster Aero Conversions makes the kit, all you have to do is have experience with vaccum form mods and walla

it can be used with the B-17G by Monogram or the B-17F by revell

it isn't that hard to find, I have been buying them for sometime now

Reply to
hoosranime