Re: Identifying buck-boost transformer windings?

I have the wiring diagrams in .pdf for Square D buck/boost xmfrs. The

> X wires are the heavy wires and the H wires the thin wires. X1 and X2 > are the ends of one winding. X2 and X3 the ends of another winding. > The other windings are similar. Anyway, if you send me an email I'll > send you the .pdf of the wiring manual. Then you will be able to > figure out how to wire the thing. It should be easy enough, just > measure the output in one random configuration and you will be able to > tell what's what by looking at the manual. > Eric

Have a wiring diag:

How to wire it isn't the question. Which wires are H1, H2, X1, X2, etc. is the question.

Series light bulb or Variac (will use 120 mains for testing as that is the only Variac I have...) seems the answer.

Remaining question: are H1/2 and H3/4 primary windings interchangeable? X1/2 and X3/4 windings interchangeable?

Thanks.

Reply to
DaveC

Say you have 8 wires. If you measure the resistance between any one wire and any of the remaining 7 wires, what do you get? There are 28 unique combinations (8 * 7/2):

Eg.

Wire to Wire R (Ohms) ?? A B A C A D A E A F A G A H B C B D B E B F B G B H C D C E C F C G C H D E D F D G D H E F E G E H F G F H G H

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany