B-25 Question -- Second Try

Pardon my persistence. I didn't get any response on this, whether because people missed it or because nobody has any data to share. Anyhow, just in case, I'm trying again:

I'm working on the Revell AG 1/72 B-25J gun-nose and plan to use the markings provided for "Emergency Strip" of the 38th BG, 71st BS in 1945. The kit indicates that the four fuselage package guns should be used. The only photo I could find of a gun-nose 71st BS plane (different A/C) had the package guns removed. I know that most gun-nose B-25s had the package guns removed because they significantly shortened the life of the airframe, but there are a number of photos in the Squadron In Action book that clearly show them present on at least some a/c. Any info anyone has about the 38th BG's practices would be greatly appreciated. Thanks (again)!

Pip Moss

Reply to
Pip Moss

I'd build the kit based on the references you have on-hand. If you enter it in a contest the documentation should be displayed too.

Reply to
bluumule