1/32 B-25 Pictures of sprues, cockpit, turret

use this URL and click on B-25 in upper left on list.
http://www.sammlervz.net/nwsIndex.php?action=NwsView&nIdH20

Val Kraut wrote the following:

*Forbidden * You don't have permission to access /nwsIndex.php on this server.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

That would be so cool. A model 299 or any early B-17 version in 1/48 would be fantastic.
Craig
Imagine the possibillities of doing a really badly shot up 1/32 B-17 just back from a mission - detailed interior that would be visible through the damage holes and open doors - have to be careful and base the damage on a real picture. Maybe even have it break in half just behind the wings.
Val Kraut

finally a use for my collection of visible B-17s !
Craig

Military channel had a show WWII in the air in color this week, lots of shot up aircraft. Even a lot of the specials that are specific to a type of aircraft usually have combat footage. Don't over do it, you want one that made it back unless you're doing one in a hole in the ground the Luftwaffe are picking over for intell (both sides did that). Best photo I saw was a Famo pulling a Me 109 back to base that had crashed on the beach. Gear up, prop bent, being towed on the airframe. Must have been a mechanics nightmare when if finally got there...

I have some photos out of old "Air Trails" magazines showing damaged B-17s where you'd wonder how the hell they ever did make if back. I'm told that the B-24s and B-26s (Martin) were much less intorerant of damage). One photo of a B-17 in particular shows the vertical stab almost completely gone and the rudder and tail gunner's mount completely gone. They didn't mention anything about the poor tail gunner, assumed KIA. Damaged was caused by a Bf.109 whose pilot was killed by defensive fire crashing into the tail of the Fort.
I have some photos out of old "Air Trails" magazines showing damaged B-17s where you'd wonder how the hell they ever did make if back. I'm told that the B-24s and B-26s (Martin) were much less intorerant of damage). One photo of a B-17 in particular shows the vertical stab almost completely gone and the rudder and tail gunner's mount completely gone. They didn't mention anything about the poor tail gunner, assumed KIA. Damaged was caused by a Bf.109 whose pilot was killed by defensive fire crashing into the tail of the Fort.
There's a few real classics like that. In one the main structure and control cables through the waist remained but enough of the outer skin was shot away so you could actually look through the waist and see day light on the other side. Some how it managed to actually land like that. Now I have to look for these. Some may have been in the old original Air Combat before they were bought by the company that did Military Modeling and Scale Modeling, Magazine was gloss black and white with a nose art shot as the back cover.
Val Kraut
Val Kraut wrote the following:

Well, of course, there is a web site dedicated to B-17 damage http://www.daveswarbirds.com/b-17/contents.htm .
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Val Kraut wrote:

Droool...why did I think this was a resin kit? Now I *really* want one...glass-nosed bomber, please...droool...
--
- Rufus