1:18 B-25

Word on the grapevine about 21st Century Toys 1:18 B-25 and F-4 have
been pushed back into next year. Guess Wal-Mart hasn't committed to
the order yet.
Reply to
bluumule
If you ever saw how slow those 1/18th scale models moved at WalMart, you'd know why. 21st Century doesn't even list WalMart as one of their distributors anymore:
fact, they only list two retail distributors in all of New York City. Heading back to "Toys 'R' Us" was probably an automatic deal-breaker with WalMart:
something very interesting may be going on here: those Chinese companies that were manufacturing the models for them to distribute may have jumped ship and decided to go into business for themselves... ever heard of Blue Box Toys?:
make 1/18th scale aircraft:
I'm reading the stars right, I wouldn't be surprised if 21 Century is in financial trouble at the moment, and may fold fairly soon.
Pat
Reply to
Pat Flannery
is 21st american?
Reply to
someone
Yes, based in California.
They do supply several very large retailers who specialize in diecast. They seem to just have a problem within their organization...peraonal egos. They produce a good product at a favorable price point. Hopefully they will get their collective acts together.
Reply to
bluumule
The company is American, but the models are made in China.
Pat
Reply to
Pat Flannery
I get all my 1/18 from badcataviation.com.
Craig
Reply to
crw59