1/18 Airplanes & Such

Went to Wal-Mart today and as always cruised through the toy section looking at the diecast and such. They had a modest selection of 21st Century 1/32 aircraft. The one which caught my eye was the P-47D bubbletop. You know I had to purchase it. Put together it looks pretty good, not as good as a well built model but at least as good as some of my early work. From 2 or 3 feet it looks really good. I am wondering about weathering it a bit for fun. I am sure tempted by that 1/18 F-104 that was in a post the other day...sweet!

Reply to
John X. Volker

the walmart here sucks shlong. even for walmart.

1/18 F/A-18C...oh yeah...I could do some detailing on THAT...
Reply to
Rufus

sooper dooper detailing. we want pictures!

Saw a write up on the net somewhere by one guy that was doing such. Lots of potential there...also gotta build some ords, though. If they ever come out with a 1/18 F/A-18D I'll HAVE to jump on it.

The Stuka is another one that has my eye. And they even sell an unmarked version of the F-16 that you can get decals seperately so you can decal-your-own if you like. Lots of Guard markings, as I recall.

Reply to
Rufus

think the stuka would be easy to repaint? love to do a yellow nose with lots of goodies.

Yeah - that's the only thing I haven't worked out yet...how easily they miy come apart for re-working. Their Stuka is just plain cool looking.

Reply to
Rufus

prolly have to go to v-ville just to see one...

here's to putting a face to the name....

not bad for what they are! BIG!

Keith Walker

3 : feet it looks really good. I am wondering about weathering it a bit for : fun. I am sure tempted by that 1/18 F-104 that was in a post the other : day...sweet! : :
Reply to
news.verizon.net

You can look them up online - I think the company goes by the name of "Blue Box". They have a lot more of them out there than you would think.

Reply to
Rufus

...mmmmmnn...not a bad price on the big Hornet.

Reply to
Rufus

At least my Walmart HAS model kits (and paints and glue), while local Target and Kmart no longer have ANY models or supplies.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

coolness. thanks. riding weather soon, i think.

that yellow nosed stuka look really good. i believe that super detailing could make it an eye popper. looks like my b-day cash has found a home. tanks, guys!

my local squallmart just dumped the entire model section. there is nowhere in hicksvill to even buy glue. it's 80 miles to get ANYTHING. damn.

And uphill both ways!

Bill Banaszak, MFE ;)

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

it's always steak yesterday and steak tomorrow. but never freakin' steak today.

John X. Volker