What I would like to see from mfgs

I did this as a new message, 'cause some of these planes would be too big for 1/32 (though I DO like 1/32).

I like to build more civil aircraft. Since several mfgs are now doing some airliner versions of German aircraft, how about more US aircraft from golden age? We could do with a modern kit of the Boeing 247, the Boeing Monomail, the Northrup Gamma, Stinson Trimotor, a GOOD Ford Trimotor, a GOOD Curtiss Condor, A Lockheed Lodestar, etc.

Also, is there a Fokker trimotor, or is that something a mfg needs to do?

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

I'd like a mid 40's dodge power wagon in 1/24 or 1/25th. Fat chance.

Reply to
Count DeMoney
  Don Stauffer in Minnesota wrote: I did this as a new message, 'cause some of these planes would be too big for 1/32 (though I DO like 1/32). I like to build more civil aircraft.  Since several mfgs are now doing some airliner versions of German aircraft, how about more US aircraft from golden age?  We could do with a modern kit of the Boeing 247, the Boeing Monomail, the Northrup Gamma, Stinson Trimotor, a GOOD Ford Trimotor, a GOOD Curtiss Condor, A Lockheed Lodestar, etc. Also, is there a Fokker trimotor, or is that something a mfg needs to do?   Nice choices all. Add to that a good Beech 18/C45 in 48th scale. Toss in a good DeHavilland Dragon Rapide - that's probably not too big for 1/32. I'd love to see more of the Golden Age civilian planes, too. It's a relatively untapped area. BobbyG
Reply to
Bobby Galvez

I'd get a Boeing Monomail in a heartbeat; I've been banging that drum for a while now. That and the Salmson 2A2. But we apparently need more Me109's and P-51's ....not enough of them yet! Sheesh.

Italeri just released a Lodestar with BOAC markings, didn't they? Only a matter of time before a)Italeri releases more markings and/or b) aftermarket catches on....

You don't care for William's Brothers Northrop Gamma or their Boeing

247? Granted, they're long in the tooth, but still excellent kits.

While talking about this civil stuff, there's also the Fokker Trimotor that could be done better than's Frog's.

---Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

I'd like to see everything in the Piper, Cessna, and Beechcraft lines in

1/32. In particular, a Cessna 195.

And maybe a couple of the more exotic home builts - like the BD-10, or Hamilton HX-321...with options to build them uniquely like you would with an actual home built aircraft.

Reply to
Rufus

Another vote for the Dragon Rapide, and a Hornet Moth. Both would be even better in 1/24. Maybe a 1/32 DH88 Comet too.

flak monkey

Maybe since 21st Century is introducing such things as a 1:18 F-4 Phantom this fall, I don't think size of a particular aircraft is a factor anymore for a subject being modeled in either 1:32 or 1:18. Who knows, if enough people ask we just might see some of those mentioned. My dad was always of the opinion that if it didn't shoot or drop bombs it wasn't likely to get the attention of the manufacturers. I'd like to see some of the airliners Aurora use to produce get re-released again so I don't have to melt a credit card and give first option on a yet unborn male child to get one. A new DC-9-30 in 1:48 or 1:32 would be sweet.

Reply to
Hawkeye

Frog did a 1/72 Fokker F.VII "Southern Cross" which was reissued by Novo. I suspect the molds are still kicking around someplace.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

AND a B-25. Yes, in 1:18th Whoa!!!!!

-Kevin in Indy

Reply to
Kevin M. Vernon

I'm long campaigned for a Lockeed Orion (the '30's version) in 48th. Only Noix made one in resin and they're practically impossible to find. I'd go along with a Rapide, the Cessna 195 (one of my favorites too), the DH-88, although Marsh Models in England has done one in resin (very expensive) and now OOP I think. A Lockeed Sirus would be nice too. While on the topic of '30-40's A/C I talked with the owner of Yellow Wing decals at nationals in KC this summer and asked about the possiblility of a variety of decals for the Czech Model A-8 and A-12 Shrikes. He said that would be a good thing to do since there are a lot of possibilities for those kits. I still have my fingers crossed. Ol '45

Reply to
Ol' 45

...and a P-61...THEN we'd be talkin'...

Reply to
Rufus

You mean like this one?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

yeah, them tromotors would be kool. i already axed for a ju523m.

a two seat nightfighter do335 would go with the cannon bird.....

As I was coming back from Switzerland changing planes in Frankfurt year before last, there was a civvie Ju-52 on the ramp taxiing out as we were taxiing in...I tried to get a pic of it, but missed.

Reply to
Rufus

I would really like to see the following kits produced in 1/48 scale

B-52 with an X-15 put out in 1/48 scale

Also I wanna see an external Bomb Load and external Missle Load for the B-52

C-119 out in 1/48=A0 scale with Cargo -or- Gun Ship option in the same box

C-141 out in 1/48 scale

MD-80 out in 1/48 scale

I wanna see a CONNIE in 1/48 scale

I wanna see the ''Life Boat'' option for the B-17 -&- Lancaster out in

1/48 scale

I woud like to see te following kits put out in 1/32 scale

A-6 Intruder out in 1/32 scale

B-24 ''D'' -&- ''J'' out in 1/32 scale

BV-138 out in 1/32 scale

the SPACE SHUTTLE out in 1/32 scale w/ Booster -&- Center Tank a Separate Kit YF-12A -or- SR-71 out in 1/32

A C-130 Gunship out in 1/32

A B-17G out in 1/32

I wanna see the B-25 Tokyo Bomber in 1/32 scale

... Carl ..........

,,

Reply to
cyberborg 4000

maybe it was caiden's old bird. i think it's back in der vaterland.

Yeah, a -61 would be nice. So would a Mosquito & a Bf-110. And maybe even a Do-335.

They seem to be missing a Hurricane & Wildcat in the mix as well. I've seen an announcement regarding a Hellcat to come.

But they have actually ANNOUNCED a B-25. 45" wingspan, 36" overall length. Wheeeeeeeeee!

-Kevin in Indy

Reply to
Kevin M. Vernon

The A-6 is supposed to be coming from Trumpeter this year...I'm hoping for an EA-6B to follow.

Reply to
Rufus

Dang...I may have to get one of those...

I thought they had done O'Hare's Wildcat at one time, though?

Reply to
Rufus