What I would like to see from mfgs

"Don Stauffer in Minnesota" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@30g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

I've seen one of those, but it was a LONG time ago, and I don't remember where.

Or maybe it was a Ford, and my memory is worse than I remember it being.

That said, what I'd like is the Disney version of the Nautilus.

cd

Reply to
Carl Dershem

Rufus wrote in news:_RKFh.23117$PD2.4254@attbi_s22:

Just do what the navy did - get an A-6 and some spare parts and fake it. :)

(Yes, I got my wings in the A6E)

cd

Reply to
Carl Dershem

I thought about that...ID Models used to make a vac-form EA-6B in 1/32.

A little surgery...

Reply to
Rufus

Count DeMoney wrote: : : I'd like a mid 40's dodge power wagon in 1/24 or 1/25th. Fat chance. : Keep an eye on Wespe Models. They produce a GMC Deuce and a half in 1/24.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

e wrote: : In article , Rufus wrote: : :>As I was coming back from Switzerland changing planes in Frankfurt year :>before last, there was a civvie Ju-52 on the ramp taxiing out as we were :>taxiing in...I tried to get a pic of it, but missed. :>

: maybe it was caiden's old bird. i think it's back in der : vaterland. : Probably. He sold it to Lufthansa, so it would make sense that it would be at Frankfurt. Lufthansa of course repainted it in their livery.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

It was black and silver...so it would have been old livery. Looked like it was a sight-seeing special.

...and the guy flying the Lufthansa DC-9 I was on must have been having a wartime flashback...we flew from Zurich to Frankfort at about 5K AGL,

2G snap turns at every bend in the river.
Reply to
Rufus

they did a total resto to the exact standards if i read right, right?

what was the non jet and non hornet model for 54?

you can be in my dream if i can be in your dream.

-zimmy

There once was one from Frog. I do not know if they have showed up in Eastern European boxings. In any case, a new mould would be in order.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I'd like a mid 40's dodge power wagon in 1/24 or 1/25th. Fat chance.

Hmm, I'd like a '36 Dodge coupe, a '52 Hudson Hornet, a '54 Kaiser Manhattan and a '55 Buick Special. Similar chances, I fear.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Aside from the cars mentioned elsewhere, I'd like to swim against the current and ask for some more 1/144th and 1/100th stuff. Put me down for a B-45, AJ Savage, A3D, F-89, F-94, P-61, A-26, A-20, PBM, Boeing 247 and to be really impractical, an XB-46.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Just about every aircraft listed has been/is being produced in 1/72 scale. You may have to go to resin or vacuform, but they are out there.

Give me one or two specific aircraft and I'll post here who has done it from the ESM 72 database of 15,231 seperate kits/models.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

There had used an A-20-or-B-26 looking airframe that they used for a test bed for the in-line fold up main landing gear in the fuselage for the B-47 -or- maybe the B-52

Just what aircraft was it that they did use

I would like to see more Aircraft like this produced as modeling subjects and put out in 1/48 scale. There were lots & lots of airframes that were altered to test out how projects they were thinking of would really work before they actually went and built the whole aircraft

... Carl ..........

,,

Reply to
cyberborg 4000

Advertising! Get the kids away from the keyboards and over to the work benches to do something constructive (with their hands).

30 years ago, there were scale modeling magazines in almost all newsstands and store magazine racks. Now, I have to go to Barnes and Nobel to see any.
Reply to
Willshak

did you see my thanks for the decals? i can't remember....

limited appeal might make it too expensive.

in 48th scale.

Another vote for the Dragon Rapide, and a Hornet Moth. Both would be even better in 1/24. Maybe a 1/32 DH88 Comet too.

Agreed on the 1/24! While we're at it, how about a Beech 17 Staggerwing, too? BobbyG

Reply to
Bobby Galvez

...and a series of WACOs.

Reply to
Rufus

~Some~ folks would say that that's us...... 8-P

Reply to
The Old Man