What I would like to see from mfgs

Kevin M. Vernon wrote:

...and a P-61...THEN we'd be talkin'...
--
- Rufus

Yeah, a -61 would be nice. So would a Mosquito & a Bf-110. And maybe even a Do-335.
They seem to be missing a Hurricane & Wildcat in the mix as well. I've seen an announcement regarding a Hellcat to come.
But they have actually ANNOUNCED a B-25. 45" wingspan, 36" overall length. Wheeeeeeeeee!
http://www.21stcenturytoys.com/area21/articles.asp?newsID%6
-Kevin in Indy
Kevin M. Vernon wrote:

Dang...I may have to get one of those...
I thought they had done O'Hare's Wildcat at one time, though?
--
- Rufus

I'm long campaigned for a Lockeed Orion (the '30's version) in 48th. Only Noix made one in resin and they're practically impossible to find. I'd go along with a Rapide, the Cessna 195 (one of my favorites too), the DH-88, although Marsh Models in England has done one in resin (very expensive) and now OOP I think. A Lockeed Sirus would be nice too. While on the topic of '30-40's A/C I talked with the owner of Yellow Wing decals at nationals in KC this summer and asked about the possiblility of a variety of decals for the Czech Model A-8 and A-12 Shrikes. He said that would be a good thing to do since there are a lot of possibilities for those kits. I still have my fingers crossed. Ol '45

You mean like this one?
http://www.explayboybunny.com/images/bunny_in_flight_2.jpg
(kim)
Don Stauffer in Minnesota wrote:

Frog did a 1/72 Fokker F.VII "Southern Cross" which was reissued by Novo. I suspect the molds are still kicking around someplace.
Cheers,

yeah, them tromotors would be kool. i already axed for a ju523m.
e wrote:

As I was coming back from Switzerland changing planes in Frankfurt year before last, there was a civvie Ju-52 on the ramp taxiing out as we were taxiing in...I tried to get a pic of it, but missed.
--
- Rufus

maybe it was caiden's old bird. i think it's back in der vaterland.
: :>As I was coming back from Switzerland changing planes in Frankfurt year :>before last, there was a civvie Ju-52 on the ramp taxiing out as we were :>taxiing in...I tried to get a pic of it, but missed. :> : maybe it was caiden's old bird. i think it's back in der : vaterland. :     Probably. He sold it to Lufthansa, so it would make sense that it would be at Frankfurt. Lufthansa of course repainted it in their livery.
                            Bruce
"I like bad!" Bruce Burden Austin, TX.
Bruce Burden wrote:

It was black and silver...so it would have been old livery. Looked like it was a sight-seeing special.
...and the guy flying the Lufthansa DC-9 I was on must have been having a wartime flashback...we flew from Zurich to Frankfort at about 5K AGL, 2G snap turns at every bend in the river.
--
- Rufus

they did a total resto to the exact standards if i read right, right?
Rufus wrote:

That Tante Ju has been there for decades -- lives there, I think -- so watch for it next time you're in Frankfurt. I don't know whether accessible to the public when not flying.
Charles Metz
Charles Metz wrote:

It sure looked neat with the props turning.
--
- Rufus

oh, ee, ah.....just like fireworks displays.
e wrote:

Pretty slow idle...and all the props weren't quite synched up...sparkling in the sun...and three is an odd number...was really cool looking.
--
- Rufus

one of bader's encounters was chronicled during the bob and he spoke of the german bomber crews not synching their motors. he wondered if that was to keep them awake? any truth to that?
e wrote:

That could do it, alright...though there really isn't much need to synch while idling on deck, so I didn't think it all that odd. What was odd was that the idle was slow enought to actually see the blades turning.
--
- Rufus

That could do it, alright...though there really isn't much need to synch while idling on deck, so I didn't think it all that odd. What was odd was that the idle was slow enought to actually see the blades turning.
--
- Rufus

IIRC, I saw just such in the BoB movie. At the time I figured it was a
I would really like to see the following kits produced in 1/48 scale
B-52 with an X-15 put out in 1/48 scale
Also I wanna see an external Bomb Load and external Missle Load for the B-52
C-119 out in 1/48 scale with Cargo -or- Gun Ship option in the same box
C-141 out in 1/48 scale
MD-80 out in 1/48 scale
I wanna see a CONNIE in 1/48 scale
I wanna see the ''Life Boat'' option for the B-17 -&- Lancaster out in 1/48 scale
I woud like to see te following kits put out in 1/32 scale
A-6 Intruder out in 1/32 scale
B-24 ''D'' -&- ''J'' out in 1/32 scale
BV-138 out in 1/32 scale
the SPACE SHUTTLE out in 1/32 scale w/ Booster -&- Center Tank a Separate Kit YF-12A -or- SR-71 out in 1/32
A C-130 Gunship out in 1/32
A B-17G out in 1/32
I wanna see the B-25 Tokyo Bomber in 1/32 scale
,,