What I would like to see from mfgs

Yep. You're welcomed.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

them's shore tiny!

--snip-- >

--snip--

Revell of Germany will release a 1/32 Piper Super Cub later this year.

Charles Metz

Reply to
Charles Metz

That Tante Ju has been there for decades -- lives there, I think -- so watch for it next time you're in Frankfurt. I don't know whether accessible to the public when not flying.

Charles Metz

Reply to
Charles Metz

It sure looked neat with the props turning.

Reply to
Rufus

oh, ee, ah.....just like fireworks displays.

Pretty slow idle...and all the props weren't quite synched up...sparkling in the sun...and three is an odd number...was really cool looking.

Reply to
Rufus

one of bader's encounters was chronicled during the bob and he spoke of the german bomber crews not synching their motors. he wondered if that was to keep them awake? any truth to that?

that sounds right. my friend diana has one. literally from a little old lady. very dark gray, wiper blad and shade driver's side only, from the days when passenger's were an option. we put some dum dum on all the panels to get rid of squeaks.

That could do it, alright...though there really isn't much need to synch while idling on deck, so I didn't think it all that odd. What was odd was that the idle was slow enought to actually see the blades turning.

Reply to
Rufus

IIRC, the Wasp.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

XB-26H, as I recall. It was to explore the landing gear configuration for the Martin XB-48, another B-47 competitor.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Ack, how did I forget the Canberra?!!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Damn me too. Let's have an early bubble canopy bomber for starters, tooled to allow a B(I)8, a PR9 and a B57 or two, all in 1/32. Always fancied a B57G in a large scale, Italeri did a 1/72 ISTR. Slightly OT, I was lucky enough to catch the PR9's last ever flying display last summer at Fairford. Damn that thing was fast.

flak monkey

Looks to me like the specs are close enough for a backdate to the Grasshopper from the Revell Super Cub. Anyone know if they ar close enough?

Specifications (L-4B): Engine: One 65-hp Continental A65 flat-four piston engine , Weight: Empty

640 lbs., Max Takeoff 1,100 lbs. Wing Span: 35ft. 2.5in. Length: 22ft. 3in. Height: 6ft. 8in. Performance: Maximum Speed: 92 mph Ceiling: 12,000 ft. Range: 250 miles Armament: None

Piper Super Cub

PA-18-95 - One 65kW (90hp) Continental C-90-12F or 8F flat four piston engine driving a two blade fixed pitch propeller. PA-18-150 - One 110kW (150hp) Lycoming O-320.PA-18-95 - Wing span 10.73m (35ft 3in), length 6.83m (22ft 5in), height 2.02m (6ft 9in). Wing area

16.6m2 (178.5sq ft). PA-18-150 - Same except for length 6.88m (22ft 7in).
Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

That could do it, alright...though there really isn't much need to synch while idling on deck, so I didn't think it all that odd. What was odd was that the idle was slow enought to actually see the blades turning.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

And sharp-looking too. I have a half-built Matchbox PR9 here.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

In article , flak monkey writes

I think one of the four 1/48 Canberra's that Airfix had planned (released?) last year would have been B57E/F/G.

Anybody know how far these got?

Reply to
John Halliwell

Cybermodeler reckons that they are still on the agenda.

Enzo Matrix

Claus,

Just in case you don't know already -- Bronco Models released a rather nice 1/35 L-4H kit about a month ago:

Charles Metz

Reply to
Charles Metz