If wishes were horses . . .

Just had a quick 40 minute run round the IPMS show at Telford, duly inspired have been looking over the stash, but I feel there are gaps in what I have.

Ok, assume for the moment you win the lottery, giving you enough to fund the production of a couple of kits (or one kit in 1:32 or above), what models have you always wanted someone to produce?

I have my own ideas on this, but it'd make the rivet counters wince, although some of the 'might have beens' would be of interest.

Regards

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

First thing that comes to mind is a Boeing B-9 in 1/72. Then a 1910 Coanda.

Reply to
eyeball

I have the frame drawings for a Kurtis Kraft midget, the predominate midget race car of the late 40s and 50s. I am doing a scratch build on it, and have long thought it would be neat to offer a good kit of this car in large scale (maybe 1:12). My scratch model is in 1:8.

I also had access to an Offy engine and have done complete drawings, and already had done a 1:4 scale model of the engine. I already have done the engine for the scratch car I am working on. Frame is about finished.

The kit would have resin frame and engine, vacuform body panels, and pewter suspension parts. Wheels and tires would be resin too.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

In message , Mike Smith writes

LeVier Cosmic Wind, colour Ballerina or just maybe Lil Toni

Reply to
Max George

"Mike Smith" wrote in news:hd935v$vhq$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net:

1/24 B-17, B-24, B-25, B-26, B-29, A-20, A-26, SBD.
Reply to
Gray Ghost

All the Japanese Naval bombers, torpedo planes of WWII in 1/32 or larger..

(1/48 scale and my eyes are not on speaking terms anymore)

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

I'd probably have a hoards of 1/72 wishes, bust mostly I'd like to see GOOD tooling ACCURATE models of the Convair deltas: F-102, 106, XF-92, Sea Dart...

And a couple of oddball kits like the C-25, C-23, C-141, C-5 and new tools of the old big Monogram kits: B-52D and the B-36 (with multiple versions).

Just my $0.02 (US)! :)

Reply to
hill4448

Convair begat GD, which built the F-16XL. Would that grandfather it in as a Convair delta? I'd settle for getting Monogram to re-release that kit. And I second the Sea Dart. Maybe when we win that lottery we can pool our funds.

Reply to
eyeball

First off, I wish I could go to Telford..... But try justifying a trans-Atlantic jaunt to see a model show... As for models, a 1/24 or larger Pitt's Special S2-A, a 1/32 F7 Cutlass, (Mr Fisher SAYS he got one coming.....) and a 1/32 Sea Vixen. Perhaps Mr. Fisher will grace us with the Sea Vixen as well?

Reply to
R. Franklin

Thought there would be more oddball choices such as the HAL HF-24 Marut from India or the Swiss Federal Aircraft Factory prototypes for their N-20 (probably the first turbofan engined fighter) or their P-16 Ground attack plane, all of which have pleasing lines.

At the IPMS show there was a table with what looked like every WW2 German design, some of which I had never seen before, they were all 1:72 resin kits though not 'plastic' as such.

Personally I'd like a few of the proposed space planes.

Regards

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

a 1/8 or even bigger tachikoma and a 1/1 scale bionic major babe with lifelike action. (all the action!)

Reply to
someone

"There's a message comin' strong I been lonely too long" - The Rascals

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
William Banaszak

hoards of 1/72 wishes, bust mostly I'd like

I've seen those for sale. Keep an air compressor and duct tape handy.

Reply to
eyeball

Changing the thread a bit- I wouldn't kit the following, 'cause I don't know where to find the documentation and drawings, but would like one of you other guys to do a good kit of;

DC-3 (a real DC-3, not a converted C-47) in 1:72

Fokker trimotor in 1:72

Ford trimotor in either 1:144 or 1:72

Curtiss Condor in 1:72 or 1:144

Reply to
Don Stauffer

i like low maintenance.

Reply to
someone

Reply to
someone

I grew up around US Air Force training bases. My dad was a flight instructor. I always wanted both kits of the T-38 and T-37 in 1/48 scale. ( accurate kits that is ). Well ... Sword came through with the T-38 wish. But there never has been a T-37 release. ( Yes ... you could kit bash an A-37 kit ... but what a pain ).

How sad that the T-37 was the primary trainer for the Air Force for over 40 years ... and the plane was just recently retired ... and no

1/48 kit. =[

Gosh it would be nice if maybe Trumpeter ( or someone ) would do a

1/48 T-37.

Chris

Reply to
CCBlack

1/24 Farley Fruitbat
Reply to
Enzo Matrix

In 1/24 can you see the slot where you put your 25 cents?

Reply to
eyeball

Many years ago Aurora had one but I couldn't verify the scale. They did convert it to an A-37 in the late '60s.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
William Banaszak