OT- Autosketch CAD

I use a CAD program a lot when doing a scratch model or major conversion. I also use it in decal making. I have been using an old version of Autodesk's Autosketch.

I have just upgraded to a new computer, but it is running Vista. I went to Autodesk's site last night to check out the latest version of Autosketch (version 7), and the requirements call out XP or 2000- not a word about Vista. Does anyone know if Autosketch is compatible with Vista?

Reply to
Don Stauffer

on 9/24/2008 10:03 AM Don Stauffer said the following:

Did you try to install the software on the Vista machine? I've installed programs that were originally Win98 programs on my Vista machine with no problem. I believe that most of the problems related to Vista were hardware incompatibility problems.

Reply to
willshak

Yeah, I tried to install my old version and get a message saying it is incompatible with Vista.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Try setting compatibility mode..

Tony Gartshore

probbly only way is to test it. does wasta have an undo feature like xp? that would make it safer to try. you could also ask microshaft.

Reply to
someone

definitly email microshaft. ask them for a patch. prolly a waste, but you can vent on them.

Reply to
someone

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote: : : definitly email microshaft. ask them for a patch. : prolly a waste, but you can vent on them. : You could always demand tinyflacid show you how well it works on "mojave". Snicker chortle.

A bunch of people looking at Vista eye-candy. Okay. So?

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

ask them how to spank vista's monkey. bet they not only wouldn't get it, but would be looking for the security guy.

Reply to
someone

Don,

On this page

you'll find the specifications and requirements for Autosketch. It's designed for XP in an era when Vista had yet to hit the market. According to my information it can be installed on Vista in "comaptibility mode".

hth,

Steven

Reply to
Steven

Thanks, guys. I'll have to check out this "compatibility mode."

Reply to
Don Stauffer

willshak

Isn't that pathetic? MS has to run commercials trying to sell people on their latest expensive 'oops!'. My son said that wait 'til those people actually try to get something done with Vista. They won't find it so neat then.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

bring back 98.

Reply to
someone

Mad Modeller wrote: : : Isn't that pathetic? MS has to run commercials trying to sell : people on their latest expensive 'oops!'. : At least the "mojave" commercials, but much more so the "I am a PC" commercials, make some sense, unlike those assinine Jerry-n-Billy commercials.

Was the ad agency that thought those abominations up a Mac shop? Because the first one (shoe store) was simply stupid. The second one, at the family table, and the "because we are out of touch" was so damned accurate, I question whether Billy Balmer (aka "monkey boy" due to some dance(???) he did years ago to celebrate something) even previewed the second one, or M$ is simply too insular to get the joke. ON THEM!

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote: : : bring back 98. : Ack! no, seriously. There are very good reasons not to go back past win2k.

winxp has better support than win2k, but is a pig, so I can understand not wanting winxp.

95 make 98 look good. And 95 make me look, errr, sorta acceptable? Maybe.

Vista, however, with its build in suck up to the enter- tainment industry (ie, DRM), is a monument to cluelessness.

Time will tell if M$ can get it right with the forthcoming "windoze 7". With billy gone, and balmer apparently muzzled, perhaps. But I won't count on it.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

speaking of whatsis and whosis names, seen those retarded commercials for the adult chuckie cheese's? boris and buster or whatever? i've never seen anyone over 9 that liked cheesy sneazer's, so what kind of an adult would get excited about an "adult" one? if i did one, it would be sperate sex ones and catered to each gender. call one d-cup's and the other hard body's. bet i could make some money. get them chippendale guys for the hard body's and off you go.

Reply to
someone

EVERY proprietary music proggie and all the wierd sound files i use work with

  1. when i "upgraded" to xp, i found myself building a new box to run it. my 98 box is still the primary music box. all of my fussy vinyl encode software works on it. about 50% do with xp. despite several eternities with tech support. which caused me to use full backup discs about 7 times. bah humbug on xp! and vista is not a vision i want.
Reply to
someone

never did try foxfire? it's really good for die hard 4.7 users. like i was.

Reply to
someone

I have no problem with that - I'm running it right now on #1. #2 has XP. My son can't see why I don't jump whole hog into the newer program. Um, Netscape won't run with it for one thing and I REALLY prefer using 4.7 for mail and the newsgroups.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

XP pro works just fine on a true dual core processer based system. Both

95 and 98 would puke > snipped-for-privacy@some.doma> :
Reply to
Ron Smith