<CAR> Anyone know of a Mini Cooper "S" kit coming out?

Just curious - a buddy of mine got a Cooper S and is wanting a model
done up - the only 1:24/1:25 kit I know of is the Revell Cooper kit but
it's not an "S"...
Just diggin' :)
Reply to
Kevin J. Rowe
The only S I know of is the Franklin Mint model but it's OOP and wasn't done in kit form:
Al Superczynski
I take it you are referring to 'the pretenter'? If you want a REAL Cooper, try any of the Tamiya kits - someone in Tamiya's engineering dept *really* loves the Cooper!
RobG (the Aussie one)
Rob Grinberg
Totally agree RobG. I have all four of them waiting to build.
Although, which Mini are you talking about? BMW Mini or 1950's Mini?
Warren
viewpix.htm
Reply to
Warren Inman
Must be the new Mini, as Revell do a kit of that but not, AFAIK, the real thing... There's no engine detail though, so not sure how different an S would be?
I only have one of the Tamiya Mini's waiting to build (the latest one with the photoetched bits), plus the engine of another waiting to go into a Frogeye Sprite...
Reply to
Tim Vincent
IIRC there is a scoop on the hood.
Those are pretty tiny!
Tom
Reply to
Tom Hiett
Tiny? Yes Pretty? Dunno about that....
RobG (the Aussie one)
Reply to
Rob Grinberg
I remember opening the hood for the first time on my sister's Sprite- the engine was about the size of a dammed shoebox! You could sit on the tire and change the plugs. Fun car, but she sold it as soon as she found out the truth about Lucas refrigerators and warm beer.
Reply to
Jim Atkins
The visible differences between the BMW Mini Cooper and Mini Cooper S are primarily the air scoop in the hood (S is turbocharged), and the exhaust system (Mini Cooper has the tailpipes exiting on the right side of the rear bumper, S has twin "stinger" tailpipes under the center of the rear bumper. Also, the BMW Mini Cooper S has a small spoiler at the rear of the roof as standard equipment, which accessory is optional on the standard Mini. The standard Mini has a sheet-metal door covering the gas cap, while the S has an exposed, but recessed fuel filler cap, styled a bit to look like a competition vehicle.
For a good look at the differences, check
(BMW's MiniCooper Website).
Art Anderson
Reply to
EmilA1944
Whoops sorry people...should have said "BMW" Mini Cooper S...the new one :)
Al Superczynski wrote:
Kevin J. Rowe
Ahhhh thanks...so it may not be too hard to scratchbuild those parts and mods...
Kev
EmilA1944 wrote:
Reply to
Kevin J. Rowe