Fuller & Cooper engine.

Hi, Has anyone seen or heard of a Fuller & Cooper stationary engine? Ken Cooper Florida

Reply to
Ken

Don't know if you have had any response off-list, and I'm sure google will have found you the pic on Roland Craven's site

but I have finally got round to exhuming my box files of Stationary Engine Magazine from under the bed!

There was an article on Fuller and Cooper in the July 1998 issue which I believe is available in reprint. This gives a good physical decription of the engines but very little seems to be known about the history of the company or its products (nothing in Wendel), save that it traded in Williamson, New York. Only two survivors were known at that time - No.11 in UK and No. 14 in USA.

Not much to go on - have you found one or just attracted by the namesake?

Reply to
Nick H

Nick, Thank you very much for the information. I had already found the picture on Roland Craven's site. I did send him an email about a week ago but so far have not received a response.

The engine was made in Williamson, New York by my grandfather and his partner (Ed Fuller). Very few were made. My interest is in seeing one and getting good pictures and adding the pictures to my family history. If more were available I would have been interested in restoring one. I will attempt to get a reprint of the article you suggested.

Nick my email address is snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net perhaps you would email me so that I can get your email address.

Ken Cooper Florida

Reply to
Ken

The article was written by Pat Knight, perhaps he may be able to put you in touch with the owners - contact details sent off-list.

Reply to
Nick H