C-17 Globemaster

Hi all,

Are there any Kit manufacturers that anyone is aware of that will/might/has done this in kit form? Any Scale Pref 144th or 1/72nd(1/48th would be nice). I know that Revell do the big B1 in 1/48th so might it be possible they might do this?

TIA

Spence

Merry Chrimbo

Reply to
Spencer

MegaHobby.com,

has been expecting Panda Models to release one, in 1/72 scale, sometime next year.

I would check with them.

will/might/has

Reply to
John R Meloro
1/72 vacuform C-17 from Combat Models.

They draw a lot of flak here and elsewhere, but the C-17 is buildable with a good deal of work.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Thanks for the reply Guy's.

This has helped. Also another model site to add to my fav list.

That's going to be one hell of a kit in 72nd

Also has anyone been watching Discovery Home and Leisure on Sky about the Making of a 1/9th Radio Controlled C-17?

4 Jet Engines!!!! Nice

Cant wait to see that sucker fly!

Spence

Reply to
Spencer

The C-17 is buildable from a big block of basswood with a good deal of work, too..... ;-p

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Were there 2 Globemasters? C-17 and C-124? I was a radio repairman on the C-124 Globemaster at HAFB in GA. Would like to find a set of drawings for the C-124.

will/might/has

Reply to
Sam

No, there were actually 3. The C-74 was the first one. The C-17 is actually called the "Globemaster III".

Reply to
famvburg

Hey! It's better than their Landing Craft. That's the one where you chuck the plastic and build the LC literally "out of the box".

:-)

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

it doesn't have a C-124 plan but a recent edition of the USAF yearbook [well back to 1996, i can't remember which year] did have a good article on the C-17 and its Globemaster name using predecessors including the C-124.

i'll look to see at home which year it was and post up early in 2004.

trevor

Reply to
87015

Technically, there were 3 Globemasters and the current version is the C-17 Globemaster III. The first was the C-74 but I do not believe it progressed much beyond the prototype stage. As such, the II from the C-124 Globemaster II was normally dropped.

Pat

Reply to
Predc130

According to Fahey there were 14 C-74s procured. They were ordered in '42 and delivered in '46.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak