Kitech 1/72 scale kit origins?

Heya Folks!

Does anyone know the origin of the "Kitech" kits that are coming out of China? They look like Monkey Copies of various western or Korean kits. The prices seem to be decent, but I don't know the quality. I honest will refuse to buy them if they are little more than bootlegs as I feel that doing so would destroy the ability of the western companies to make new and better kits, but I have to admit to being tempted by some of the stuff that I'm seeing on ebay...

-andy

Reply to
Drew Hill

If these are the kits that I'm thinking of, I saw a couple of the ship models. They looked like copies of the old Strombecker kits of the early '50s. These were open for inspection (a K-B Toy outlet); there were a couple of aircraft kits as well that I couldn't open and of subject that I already covered by other manufacturers anyway. Think Starfix. But, as I said, that's if these are the same ones that I'm thinking of.

Reply to
The Old Man

Hi Drew,

Basically Kitech is a trading name of Zengdefu, that well known rip off model manufacturer from China. Quality and fit are generally poor, decals not worth talking about and canopies that might as well be painted as they are as clear as mud, apart from that they are fine!!!! (You get what you pay for). As to your question the 1/72nd scale kits are a mixture of Hasegawa and Italeri mouldings with possibly a couple of old Revell kits thrown in (Mig 25/31)? as for the 1/48th scale kits your guess is as good as mine, have no intention of making one. Hope this answers your question. Doug

Reply to
Doug