Needing WWII/Korean a/c weapons

Heya folks!

Does teh interwebz know of any kit or box set of WWII/Korean War era aircraft weapons? I am in the process of building the aircraft of the Korean War (I'm living in Yangju) and most of the aircraft kits come without weapons. Ie: The Monogram F7F Tigercat has the wing hardpoints but no rockets/bombs/etc. to go on them.

I was hoping that someone like Hasegawa or Heller had come out with a box set. Barring that, is there any other option than robbing other kits?

Thanks folks!

-ahill

Reply to
hill4448

On May 21, 8:44=EF=BF=BDam, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote= :

You didn't mention scale but as you discuss the Monogram F7F from what I recall it was a single seat F7F-3. The Korean ones were the F7F-3N night fighters with twin seats and radar, so you have a problem on your kit.

The 1/48 AMT/ERTL/Italeri F7F-3N comes with a full load of rockets, and bombs are available in 1/48 for after market purchase in resin.

I am not sure who makes after maret 1/72 -- check the Squadron Shop site.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

Since I've read often that Ed Heinemann redesigned bombs to be more aerodynamic for the A4Ds, I'm gonna guess that WWII stuff was still being used in Korea.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller