What new _ACCESSORIES_ do we need for modelling now?

Here's a thread, different from the old rag one about"What New KitsDo We Want." What new ACCESSORIES do we need to help us work on our hobby better?

I'll throw my hat in the ring and say I want more D$MNED

1/72 scale aircraft weapons! Not just the tired old stuff from Hasegawa. Or the tired NEW stuff from them either. I want to see 50's and 60's era missiles! I want redtops and Firestreaks for all of my Brit aircraft. I want to have Genies without buying a danged Revell F-101 to get them. I _REALLY_ want a set of Falcons that are nuke capable! You'd think that with the Swedes and Swiss both using the Conventional warhead on the same Falcon body we might see them from Italeri or AMT or something. But _NO_!

I'd like to see some of the new Chinese weapons, and a few of the newer Russian weapons as well. And would someone PLEASE make Durandals in massive quanti- ties! Would someone ALSO please make some weap- on sets with Brit, French, and other countries conven- tional dumb bombs. Every time I want to arm up a kit with something that didn't come in the kit I end up rob- ing another. It's bloody damned frustrating.

And while we're at it, could someone just make spare rim/tire combinations for kits? Howzabout making two or three spare roadwheels for all your armour kits? I'd like to throw the odd spare roadwheel on the 1/72 scale Sherman but that means I'd have to have TWO stinkin' kits to do it.

What's everyone else want?

-andy

Reply to
Drew Hill

[snipped]

Since moving I want a new garden shed with electrics to continue with vacuum forming replacement clear turrets that I had great success with at my old place.

The downside at first is that one has to build the best Fraser Nash turret 'ironmongery' one can! The results are worth it though.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

are you making the big egg ones? the early lanc and sunderland? was that the fn50? what scale? wanna sell a dozen in 48?

Funnily enough I did a first test on the Airfix Lanc' one as I had use of a library copy of The Lancaster Flight Manual or whatever the collection of official 'white papers' were called. For the cockpit, with the extra clarity I was able to (or had to) put in the map table, engineers flight panel and well, every damned bit of work including the hand rail down to front section also suitably populated.

This is what I mean by the 'down side' but in some ways is good fun if you like research and spending lots of time on miniscule workmanship and when your turret and its innards looks something damned near like the photo then it's really pleasing!

I need to get that shed built first though.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

How about a set of various Wright and Pratt & Whitney radial engines in both 1/72nd and 1/48th scales? Sort of like what AeroClub has done...but in plastic, and in multi-version sets. (You could get a *lot* of engines on a couple of sprues...) Go ahead and include various propellers, as well.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

100 more years.

A bottomless bank account.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Well said, Sir!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

I go along with your list and will add more 1/72 bombs for Brittish WWII aircraft, including the GP (General Purpose), SAP (Semi Armour Peircing), AP (Armour Pearcing) and the Small Bomb carriers used for carrying the Incenduries used late in the war and how about some air dropped mines too?

Gondor

Reply to
Gondor

Time.

Cheers, Gary B-)

Reply to
Gary R. Schmidt

Pavla released a decent set of RAF ordnance -alas, no SBC's though

Reply to
Tom Gourlie

Storage Space.......Better selection of display cases.......

Reply to
Count DeMoney