Need Instructions for J&C Funbat

I have a kit of this model, but can't find the instructions. If you have one and could email the instructions or scan and send them, or copy and mail them, it would be a great help to me.

Reply to
EKAJOE

I threw away my plan set.

Some stuff from memory:

Cut out the outlines squares in the top and bottom to lighten the wing.

I used CA to glue the empennage to the arrow shaft. You only get one (1) chance to get everything on straight. The carbon fiber seems to make the CA set like lightning.

I'd recommend a good .19 or .21 instead of a .15.

Scatter the fuel tank, batteries, receiver, and servos in the wing as you see fit.

I'd balance it at 25% of the wing chord.

Use tiny throws at first: something like 1/4" up and down. Maybe use expo, if you've got it.

Have someone else throw the plane for you. Tell them to give it a strong shove LEVEL or just SLIGHTLY up.

If you've got the old-style kit (engine goes sideways), put a strong wooden or wire skid on the nose to protect your muffler.

If you've got the new kit (engine sits upright on a firewall), do all you can to attach the firewall firmly to the wing. Skewers? Epoxy? Triangle stock?

Good luck.

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Thanks, Marty

Reply to
EKAJOE

Did you try contacting the manufacturer/distributor?

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Yes, Paul. No Response from them.

Reply to
EKAJOE

Marty is that you? I just opened a J C Fun-bat kit that I had in my basement. I'll give a copy of the plans to Dan W. at the meeting. Chuck F. 8 years late but .....

Reply to
Chuck Francavilla