Airfix Tornado GR4

I see that Hannant's has an Airfix GR4...in 1/72nd scale, which seems to be a re-issue of their GR1 with extra weapons and bits sprues. How good is the Airfix Tornado? Is it as accurate as the Revell Germany one? Is it the Italeri kit? And, are there any rumors that Revell is coming out with a GR4 version of their kit?

Thanks,

Don H.

Reply to
Don Harstad

Airfix is NOT Italeri, its the same kits its been for many moons. Not sureif its still based in the joint thingy prototype at the time. There is a etch set for the Revell GR1, think i have one by airwaves, and Hannants took that etch side over.

Airfix is raised lines, v basic.

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

The Airfix GR.1 is an upgrade of the old MRCA kit. I have both and it's interesting to compare the pieces that have changed. Beyond that I haven't been able to give the pair away on E-bay. Obviously the audience wants Hasegawa quality.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Bill and Julian... thank you.

Don H.

Reply to
Don Harstad

Yes MRCA, couldnt think of that at the time, in the back of my head but thats where it stayed

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Hi Don,

A bit of a compromise might be the Revell 1/144th kit as I can recall the German version getting good reviews in SAMI recently.

Not perfect but a start anyway.

Reply to
SL

I get a lot of that too now. ;)

The MRCA originally was called the MRCA-75 but they didn't get it into service quite that early.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Typhoon 8X ??????

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Am Fri, 19 Nov 2004 04:09:11 GMT schrieb "JULIAN HALES":

Yep. The Eurofighter Typhoon originally was supposed to be developed from 1983 on by a consortium of France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy and Spain until around 1990 - in Germany it was named "Jaeger-90" (Hunter-90) during these days.

But in 1985 France decided to leave that consortium - to build its own "French speaking" :-) Dassault 'Rafale'. And as consequence the development of Eurofighter lagged more and more, and the Nineties as well as the '90' in its name faded away - as well as its supposed role changed more and more....

cu, ZiLi aka HKZL (Heinrich Zinndorf-Linker)

Reply to
spam-trash