Combat Models Vacuforms

Has anyone bought / built any of the Combat Models vac ships? I'm interested in the 1/72 S-Boat and Fleet boats specifically. Just looking for a general thumbs up or down on their naval stuff.

TIA

Bill

Reply to
bweckel

I have their LSI & USSR Alpha sub unbuilt, but have built the Polaris missile sub & German UXXI sub years ago. They're OK. That's just my opinion.

Reply to
Frank May

Did Combat Models ever make any Landing craft kits besides the LCI? I'm looking for an LCM in 1/32 or 1/35 scale.

Reply to
RC Boater

Is this the same Combat Models that did a vacuum-form U.F.O. during the 1980s? That "kit" was downright ~nasty~! Two frisbees would have been easier to glue together.

The Old Timer

"RC Boater" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

I once talked to the guy at Combat. He said he had an LCM 3 in 1/35. However he said it only was the structures, no details. Supposedly you could find white metal parts for everything.

There are plenty of white metal and brass doodads in 54mm 1/32. Guy also said that there was a company that made stuff in 1/35 that would work. He suggested using the Airfix LCM 3 as guide, though the Squadron book woulb be helpful. I'm actually giving some thought to scratchbuilding one. The shapes aren't that difficult to fabricate with sheet plastic. Maybe someday.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost