Opinions Tamiya 1/350 Missouri ?

The local HL, much to my surprise has put in some 1/350 kits by Tamiya and Turmpeter. One I was looking at was the Tamiya 1/350 Missouri. With the 40% coupon, that would get it down to just under 50 bucks. Any opinions, good or bad, about this kit?

Reply to
Count DeMoney

John DeBoo

Count DeMoney wrote: : : The local HL, much to my surprise has put in some 1/350 kits by Tamiya : and Turmpeter. One I was looking at was the Tamiya 1/350 Missouri. : With the 40% coupon, that would get it down to just under 50 bucks. : Any opinions, good or bad, about this kit? : It depends on what you are expecting. As a basic kit, it isn't too bad. You will definitely need the GMM ladder set to replace the Tamiya "Aztec temple steps" that are all over the place, and the three piece deck needs to careful fiddling to minimize the seams (shim the deck at the bow or stern to get the best fit, after re-inforcing the deck seams).

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden