USSR WWII Uniforms

Thank you all for the hint about WWI Russian uniforms. The very large
batch of Osprey books at Borders netted me their Men-at-Arms book
Russian Army 1914-18 by Nk Cornish. It has just about everything that I
need and looks to be a good read tonight. To add to the pot, it was
free! My Borders reward card monthly discount was more than enough to
cover it.
I am also looking for something similar for WWII USSR uniforms. I need
infantry and aircrew information, the latter for a glider pilot.
Does anybody know if Russian civilians and/or partisans would be
picking stuff up in a horse-drawn wagon? The glider, truck and most of
the cargo are done, just need to do the wagon, horse, diorama base and
figures.
TIA all.
Tom
Reply to
maiesm72
Look for a book by Andrew Mollo and Malcom McGregor:
"Army Uniforms of WWII" (I believe that is the title.)
It is a *wonderful* large hardback, chock full of great color plates, and geed descriptive text. It covers all combatants from all theaters; even some of the more esoteric stuff.
Reply to
Greg Heilers
Thanks, Greg. Good tip. I'll see what I can find.
I have a copy of the Osprey Red Army of the Great Patriotic War on order. If it's anywhere near as good as their WWI books it should to the job.
Thanks,
Tom
Greg Heilers wrote:
Reply to