USSR WWII Uniforms

Thank you all for the hint about WWI Russian uniforms. The very large batch of Osprey books at Borders netted me their Men-at-Arms book Russian Army 1914-18 by Nk Cornish. It has just about everything that I need and looks to be a good read tonight. To add to the pot, it was free! My Borders reward card monthly discount was more than enough to cover it.

I am also looking for something similar for WWII USSR uniforms. I need infantry and aircrew information, the latter for a glider pilot.

Does anybody know if Russian civilians and/or partisans would be picking stuff up in a horse-drawn wagon? The glider, truck and most of the cargo are done, just need to do the wagon, horse, diorama base and figures.

TIA all.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

Look for a book by Andrew Mollo and Malcom McGregor:

"Army Uniforms of WWII" (I believe that is the title.)

It is a *wonderful* large hardback, chock full of great color plates, and geed descriptive text. It covers all combatants from all theaters; even some of the more esoteric stuff.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Thanks, Greg. Good tip. I'll see what I can find.

I have a copy of the Osprey Red Army of the Great Patriotic War on order. If it's anywhere near as good as their WWI books it should to the job.

Thanks,

Tom

Greg Heilers wrote:

Reply to