Differences in WWII and Post War 1950's US Uniforms ??

as posted earlier, seems the Airfix 1/32 figures may be the only figures that would match with the Atomic Cannon kit. Unfortunately
they are all in fighting poses.
What was different in the 1950's uniforms, if anything. Only think I can think of for sure is that they would not be carrying much of anything. Trying to get a diorama idea together but will need figs that would be seen in Europe and in a pose/dress appropriate to be with the Cannon.
thx - Craig
Add pictures here
✖

Actually they are called multipose for a reason. arms, legs, torso and heads are all separate. pose 'em how you want. They are going to be manning my 8" SPH.

Add pictures here
✖
Basically very little changed. In the mid 1950s they adopted the "Ridgway cap" which was a flat topped round cap with brim and added white nametags with black letters and a black US ARMY tag with gold letters. Also the stripes were much brighter. Fatigues pretty much the same, bloused in brown boots until 1958 when the green uniform with black shoes and black boots was adopted. M14 replaced the M1 about the same time.
Ergo, for an early 1950s arrangement things are pretty much close to what you want.
Cookie Sewell
Add pictures here
✖
On May 29, 12:54 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

White t shirts so the bad guys have a nice target also. Dumping them into OD coloring was common before going to that little place in SEA.. There was still a lot of WWII issue until at least early / mid 60s.
Add pictures here
✖

Heck yeah, when I was in boot camp in Autumn 1966, a guy three bunks down from me was issued a full set of Kersy green (lighter green) 'Class A's. The Drill instructor was the same size and swapped him with the Staff Sargeant's own Class A in modern green. The other DIs (different body sizes) were all jealous of his find. We also had guys with WWII, or at least Korean War-vintage utilities. In 1966, I also had C-Rations that were packed in January 1945 - older than me by two years.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 29 May 2011 10:54:10 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

The Korean War-era (actually 1948-51) chevrons were 2" wide (as opposed to 3 1/8" for the WWII and post-1951 chevrons) and were gold-on-blue for combat personnel and blue-on-gold for noncombat personnel.
The change from brown to black leather came in 1956, although it took a while to get phased in.
Add pictures here
✖