1950's LA layout with 1950's autos

On page 66 is a picture with a 1950 Mercury and 1950 Chevy. The Chevy looks like a real nice model but who makes it? It looks a bit like Williams Brothers although I never heard of them making this model. These cars can be very useful. 2 doors and 4 doors were very common and sold many more vehicles. Unfortunately most models sold are

2 door hardtops, convertibles, and coupes. The sedans could be purchased by the handful but Nomad wagons look out of place without regular Chevy station wagons being around also.

Rick Larson

Reply to
Rugurr

Malcolm Donaldson

My wild guess is Bob Smaus' layout in the (July?) MR.

Cordially yours: Gerard P.

Reply to
pawlowsk002

It was July Model Railroader. I forgot to name the source.

When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. Sinclair Lewis

Reply to
Rugurr

It would have been so easy to add the YEAR information also!!!

Chuck D.

Reply to
Charles Davis

The year didn't seem necessary because the issue was just out but it was

2006.
Reply to
Rugurr

Thanks for the clarification! I had guessed that that was probably the case. But, having just spent a couple of weeks reading postings from '04 to present, I'm aware of how these things hang around for posterity, and the frustration possible when ALL the pertinent information isn't there.

Chuck D.

(Just catching up after a 5 year break in newsgroup activity.) C.

Reply to
Charles Davis

Charles Davis skriver:

Shit, there must be a lot of messages to read :-)

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus D. Mikkelsen

Yup!!! I didn't read them all, but the number was something over 45000 to start. Had to take a few brakes because of dry eyeballs. ;

Reply to
Charles Davis

Disc or drum?

Reply to
ALF_SCHUMWAY

Dynamic, of course

Reply to
Val

Everyone was so busy ragging on the date of the magazine, don't know if we got around to answering your question. Figure you probably just e-mailed Bob Smaus by now... Actually, I still can't ID the Chevy, although the Mercury is either an Alloy Form or the Williams Bros as you said. If you are looking for vehicles usable for that period (early 1950s), you are in luck: Alloy Forms (sorry best link I could find - gives links to images, though) http://66.241.223.134/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=jaks&Category_Code=AF100Sylvan Scale Models

the aforementioned Williams Bros, among others...

You know, Classic Metal Works had listed in the 2004 Walthers Catalog a

1951 Chevrolet Fleetline 2 Door Hardtowp which seems to match Bob Smaus's, but I can't find it on their current HO product website
it's no longer available...
Reply to
Sir Ray

Thank you for answering my post Ray. I tried emailing you but it didn't go through. Can you send your email address to mine listed above?

Reply to
Rugurr

Uh-oh! There's a reason why most of the email addresses on Usenet are not valid. It's called Spam. If you're using a real email address, be prepared to be deluged with huge amounts of Spam as soon as the "robots" harvest your address.

Sam

Reply to
Sam

Well perhaps the e-mail I use for usenet is blocked or something (I have lots of hotmail accounts - hard to keep track of them all, you know). Not sure... Anyway, in lieu of that, if you haven't already checked this site out, I recommend it:

Especially the manufacturer's director, which is where I got some of the websites I posted:

Also there is a somewhat associated yahoo group
you have to sign up for yahoo (groups) - free, but there's usually a lot of interesting posts (and the topic of what models are available for what era comes up alot, as you can image).

Reply to
Sir Ray