1950's LA layout with 1950's autos

On page 66 is a picture with a 1950 Mercury and 1950 Chevy. The Chevy looks like a real nice model but who makes it? It looks a bit
like Williams Brothers although I never heard of them making this model. These cars can be very useful. 2 doors and 4 doors were very common and sold many more vehicles. Unfortunately most models sold are 2 door hardtops, convertibles, and coupes. The sedans could be purchased by the handful but Nomad wagons look out of place without regular Chevy station wagons being around also.
Rick Larson
On Page 66 of " WHAT " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Malcolm Donaldson wrote:

My wild guess is Bob Smaus' layout in the (July?) MR.
Cordially yours: Gerard P.
It was July Model Railroader. I forgot to name the source.
When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. Sinclair Lewis
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

It would have been so easy to add the YEAR information also!!!
Chuck D.
The year didn't seem necessary because the issue was just out but it was 2006.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Thanks for the clarification! I had guessed that that was probably the case. But, having just spent a couple of weeks reading postings from '04 to present, I'm aware of how these things hang around for posterity, and the frustration possible when ALL the pertinent information isn't there.
Chuck D.
(Just catching up after a 5 year break in newsgroup activity.) C.
Charles Davis skriver:

Shit, there must be a lot of messages to read :-)
Klaus
Klaus D. Mikkelsen wrote:

Yup!!! I didn't read them all, but the number was something over 45000 to start. Had to take a few brakes because of dry eyeballs. ;<)
Chuck
Charles Davis wrote:

Disc or drum?
Dynamic, of course

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Everyone was so busy ragging on the date of the magazine, don't know if we got around to answering your question. Figure you probably just e-mailed Bob Smaus by now... Actually, I still can't ID the Chevy, although the Mercury is either an Alloy Form or the Williams Bros as you said. If you are looking for vehicles usable for that period (early 1950s), you are in luck: Alloy Forms (sorry best link I could find - gives links to images, though) http://66.241.223.134/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=jaks&Category_Code 100 Sylvan Scale Models http://www.isp.ca/sylvan/ho-scaleproducts.htm And the aforementioned Williams Bros, among others...
You know, Classic Metal Works had listed in the 2004 Walthers Catalog a 1951 Chevrolet Fleetline 2 Door Hardtowp which seems to match Bob Smaus's, but I can't find it on their current HO product website http://www.classicmetalworks.com/DisplayProduct.asp?HID=5 Maybe it's no longer available...
Thank you for answering my post Ray. I tried emailing you but it didn't go through. Can you send your email address to mine listed above?
On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 00:18:44 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Uh-oh! There's a reason why most of the email addresses on Usenet are not valid. It's called Spam. If you're using a real email address, be prepared to be deluged with huge amounts of Spam as soon as the "robots" harvest your address.
Sam
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Well perhaps the e-mail I use for usenet is blocked or something (I have lots of hotmail accounts - hard to keep track of them all, you know). Not sure... Anyway, in lieu of that, if you haven't already checked this site out, I recommend it:
http://1-87vehicles.org /
Especially the manufacturer's director, which is where I got some of the websites I posted:
http://1-87vehicles.org/directory/directory.php