MR Special Edition .. 1950's

12/01/05 MR Special Edition .. Modeling the 1950's

On page 53, there's a nice looking RS3 in the SP "Black Widow" scheme. Does anyone know if there's a plastic version available in HO scale? I have not found one in my search.

Thanks! Matt

Reply to
Matt Brennan

Roundhouse made an RS-3, I don't know if one's available now. But you'd have to paint and decal it for the Black Widow scheme.

HTH

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

I could never paint an engine to look anything close to the beautiful example shown on p. 53. I will have to wait and see if Atlas chooses to offer that paint scheme.

Thanks!

Reply to
mc_brennan

Hi Matt,

Athearn is re-releasing the RS3 in upgraded RTR form. You could try emailing them to see if they will release in SP Black Widow scheme.

The Roundhouse/Athearn RS3 is more prototypically accurate than the Atlas version, apparently.

Cheers,

Colin

Reply to
Colin 't Hart