Mercury Capsule next up on the bench

Next up on the workbench will be the Atomic CIty Mercury Capsule. I read all the obvious stuff on the net but was wondering if anyone else had some hints or tips. I hope to start in a couple of weeks right after doing a little cruise ship deal to Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, and Mazatlan (:>

Reply to
Count DeMoney

For a great start in working with the Atomic City Mercury spacecraft, try

Rick's page on the Mercury Spacecraft and building this kit has to be one of the best single links on the subject. Have fun modeling! Mike

Reply to
Mike J. Idacavage

Agree completely, Rick's site plus the CD-ROM that is/was available from Atomic City Models were my major references. Finished mine a few weeks ago. Nice kit, would happily do another one. Decaling is a bit of a chore, particularly the registration stripes on the retro pack. Gunze Mr Softer did a reasonable job on the big "United States" markings which will take a lot of settling over the corrugations.

Cheers,

Mark

Reply to
Mark Bivens

Is Atomic City now gone? I know they sold the tooling for the mercury capsule to MRC. I was trying to find a link to buy the CD-ROM with no luck.

Reply to
Count DeMoney