[HELP] Airfix 1/12 1930 Bentley 4.5 supercharged instruction sheet

Hi all,

I would like to work on my very old Airfix 1/12 1930 Bentley 4.5 supercharged kit, but I can't find the instruction sheet.

Can someone scan in big size his own notice to send it to me please? My adress is ok, and my mailbox is very large ;-)

Thanks in advance

Chris

Reply to
Flying Frog

"Flying Frog" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@MPLZffsmc.com:

You tried contacting Airfix?

The kit is available again. And they're usually good about this sort of thing.

Reply to
Peter Baxter

Après mûre réflexion, Peter Baxter a écrit :

Thanks Peter, I just get one in my mailbox.

On the other hand, I'm looking for good pictures, especially details of engine and fuel tank, brakes, etc...

Cheers

Reply to
Flying Frog

bently aka rolls royce has good references, you might ask them. there are a ton of bently books, so check your library, too.

e avait écrit le 05/03/2006 :

Yep, I know there are a lot references in books, but too many problems of money for the moment with the very bad health of my older son... My priority is him, and no scale modelling...

Reply to
Flying Frog

Sorry to hear that Chris. You have my wish for a restoration of his health. I wish I had something to help you out but I'm sure I don't. I have very little on cars from outside the US.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Mad-Modeller a présenté l'énoncé suivant :

Hi Bill,

Thanks my friend. Corentin is losing completely his hearing, and it will never been restorated... Very hard at 13 ! But that's life...

Cheers

Reply to
Flying Frog

That is indeed very hard. I can't imagine the world going silent when you're that age. Is there any chance those new digital hearing aids can help?

Bill Banaszak

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Not really related to the topic under discussion but...

There is an interesting story of Airfix's original 1/32 1930 Bentley kit in Arthur Ward's book, "Airfix: Celebrating 50 Years of the Greatest Plastic Kits in The World". In 1956, John Gray the head of the Airfix kit division, spotted a 1930 Bentley while he was out driving. He chased it down and forced the driver off the road so he could take a closer look at. After apologizing to the irrate driver, Mr. Gray convinced the Bentley owner to let the Airfix staff take photos and measurements for a new car kit. The result was the 1/32 scale 1930 Bentley Airfix kit first released in 1956.

I thought this was a really neat little story. So when Airfix re-released the 1/32 Bentley in 2004, I had to get one. Considering that this kit is around 50 years old, I can't really fault it. That said, it *was* one of the worst fitting kits I've actually managed to get completely assembled and I built it straight from the box. I painted the gray plastic the Humbrol gloss green called out in the instructions. After it dried, it looked way too glossy so I overcoated it with a semi-matt clear coat to get more of a scale finish. I entered this kit in our IPMS chapter's recent annual club contest just for grins so I wouldn't have to judge the car category. To my amazement, I won an Honorable Mention ribbon! One of the judges later told me that he had to convince another judge that I didn't just glue the green plastic pieces together, but actually painted the gray plastic kit green and must have added a semi-matt coat. So you really can build an "award winning" model from this kit ;^) I wonder if the photos and measurements from that day in 1956 were used in creating Airfix's large scale Bentley? ;^)

Martin

Reply to
The Collector

Mad-Modeller a présenté l'énoncé suivant :

Well, I ordered yesterday 2 digital hearing and a HF transmetteur to help him to hear the teacher at school. orentin will have the stuff for testing next week. We hope it will help him... but that's very expensive, and that's the reason because I sell a lot of my photo and scale modelling material... My son at first!

Reply to
Flying Frog

e a pensé très fort :

No, cochlear ear implants are not the good dolution for him. His problem is A genetic disease which ages very quickly his internal ear. At present he listens as an old man, 1 word on 4 on average, and his hearing continues to fall quickly... Our 4th children (the 3rd boy) will certainly be in thesame conditions soon... :'(

Reply to
Flying Frog

The Collector a utilisé son clavier pour écrire :

Hi Martin,

Nice story, thanks. I don't know if the large scale kit was created from the same photos than the 1/32 scale model, but it is really a good base to build a great car. A lot of work if you want to build it really accurate ( Too many simplifications in the kit), but I think that this model deserves it really.

Reply to
Flying Frog

keep your hope up. that technology shit is moving fatser and faster. i suspect he won't stay deaf.

e a exprimé avec précision :

I sincerely hope, really. That's hell for an adult, that's hell E1000 for a child...

Reply to
Flying Frog

i bet he is not happy but is coping and making you proud. i have a friend looking at some stuff. what exactly is your son's condition? i'm such a music junky that i can't imagine surviving deafness. tell you son some american guys wish him the best and the patience to deal.

You're a good man, Chris.

Bill Banaszak

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Il se trouve que e a formulé :

It is already case, he makes me proud... ;-)

It has a genetic disease which ages the internal ear very very fast. Today he lost about 70 % of the hearing, and this muck accelerates. Less 10 % for a month and a half!

Well you cab survive, don't worry lol

He told me "tell your American friend an enormous THANK YOU!!!" :oÞ

Reply to
Flying Frog

Après mûre réflexion, Mad-Modeller a écrit :

Oh no Bill, I'm just a Daddy who loves his children, just like numerous others all around the world... ;o)

Reply to
Flying Frog

hey is quite welcome. i helped raise a child with problems...and she raised us, sometimes.

One and the same, the way I see it. :)

Bill Banaszak

Reply to
Mad-Modeller