resin kits 1/24 information needed - Mercedes 1930 - 1930

Hi all, Can anybody tell me if there is a market for Mercedes-Benz 1/24 resin models? I am particularly interested in supercharged models 1930-1940. Anybody makes these models? Thank you. Yan.

Reply to
ymg200

Seen this project? Look like a possible nice modeling subject. I've done a Google search, and haven't been able to find anything more detailed than this artist's concept, but I'm sure it won't be long, if the contract with Boeing doesn't fall through.

Ken Durling

Reply to
<redwolf52

Heh. I'd like to see them shut down two engines on *that* one to increase loiter time....... ;-p

Reply to
Al Superczynski

The only Mercedes-Benz models of that vintage that I'm aware of are the styrene injection-moulded JoHan '34 500K and Monogram '39 540K. Lindberg had a '28 SSK in 1/24th and maybe one of the old Merit kits was a Mercedes but I don't know. As to resin, there may be something out there in 1/24th but I've not heard of it. HTH.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

And an open wheel well in a low level maritime environment?

Reply to
Dave Fleming

Art, Do you know if anybody makes resin models of Mercedes-Benz 1930-1940? A friend of mine wants to open his own production of resin kits, and he asked me to do a market research for him. I haven't been able to locate any hand-made resin kits of MB. Does that mean that there is no market for them? Thank you, Yan.

Reply to
ymg200

Yan,

I would guess that the market for a resin transkit for any Mercedes-Benz of the

1930's would be somewhat limited, simply due to the era, and the general lack of any suitable donor kits. The only Mercedes of the 30's that sees any sort of periodic reissue nowadays is the Italeri 540K touring car, and that doesn't seem to happen with any predictable regularity.

Art Anderson

Reply to
EmilA1944