1 87th Scale Diesel electric engine models

Hi All. Im modeling American HO Scale Railways and want to do a scene on my shed road of an SW1000 having its engine and motors removed, could any
body tell me if there are any models available for the engine parts and if so who makes them. Thanks Dave
Walthers has (or had) one but it was pretty basic. The general shape and outlines but that's about it. There used to be some soft metal kits that you could get the engine only from but they were cats and a little too small.
Jon Miller spake thus:

Walthers does have one--I have one of theirs (came with their rail repair shop kit), and it's not too bad. Some painting & weathering and you have a believeable prime mover. A few other little junk pieces would make a convincing scene.
Hi Flashgorton,
If you are intrested in an ho scale motors look at the walthers.com
You will find a EMD 567 prime mover moter catalog number # 933-3119 (2006 catalog) $4.98 usa funds
I hope this helps you with your model shed and other details.
Brock R Bailey victoria BC Canada snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca

Are these models of the EMD diesel engine only, or do they also include the genny? It sounds like the poster wants both. Regards, Bill.

William Pearce spake thus:

Comes w/generator. They both get mounted on rails (I assume this is how they were shipped, not installed in locs).