[HO] MDC passenger car trucks

A recent eBay auction of a 1966 slide showing a bright red 60' pass.-baggage car converted to MOW service has inspired me to see if I can make a reasonable stand-in HO scale model from MDC 50' wood passenger car parts.

It's kind of tough to tell from the small image. but what sort of trucks do you think the car was riding on while in MOW service?

Any advice on model choices for matching the trucks on this car? What type of trucks do the MDC 50' wood passenger car kits have? __________ Mark Mathu The Green Bay Route:

"I started out with nothing and I still have most of it."

Reply to
Mark Mathu

Mark, I reckon these are wood-beam trucks with bolted pedestals, as they do not have an equaliser bar between the axleboxes, and the tie rods between the pedestals are quite visible.

The ones I've seen had a generic wood-beam truck similar in appearance to those on the car in the photo.

Cheers,

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Mark, I reckon these are wood-beam trucks with bolted pedestals, as they have an equaliser bar behind the axleboxes, and the tie rods between the pedestals are quite visible.

The ones I've seen had a generic wood-beam truck similar in appearance to those on the car in the photo. Failing that, the four wheel-trucks unde the Bachmann Spectrum combines are also very close.

Cheers,

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Mark,

The scan was actually pretty clear & I was able to get a detailed look at the truck in question. Shoot me your email address (offline) and I'll send the enhanced image to you.

dlm

Reply to
Dan Merkel