MDC styrene shell - paint stripping

I'm going to be stripping the paint off of a couple of MDC Roundhouse combine car shells. In the past, I've used a bath 90% isopropyl alcohol for a day or two, followed by a little scrubbing with an old tooth brush, to remove paint from MDC freight cars.

I've got an opportunity coming up where I plan to soak the car bodies for about a week before scrubbing the paint off... are there dangers in soaking a styrene body for that long? (softening of the plastic, warping, etc.)

____ Mark Mathu The Green Bay Route:

"I started out with nothing and I still have most of it."

Reply to
Mark Mathu

Here is a link to this discussion. you might want to join this forum.

gagnonrchrd

Try Scalecoat II Wash Away. 10 minutes and the paint is stripped off.

Reply to
Patrick Carcirieri