BAe Canadian Hawk 100 resin and PE parts ?

Hi all,

I'm building a big walkaround of a Canadian BAe Hawk 100, and I have the 1/48 Airfix kit... not bad, but basic...

Can someone tell me if it exists resin parts, or at less the seats for this kit please ?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Flying Frog

Hi Chris,

Try here :

haven't tried their Hawk sets but the Lightning, Jaguar & Buccaneer sets are simply superb.

Happy modelling.

Ant Phillips 'Standing on the shoulders of giants'

Reply to
Ant Phillips

"Ant Phillips" a couché sur son écran :

Hi Ant,

Thanks a lot ! I never tried the Neomega sets, but yes, it seems very nice ! I think I will order one...

Thanks one more time

Best wishes for the new year and merry christmas to you

Reply to
Flying Frog

That set is for the Hawk T.1, not the 115. the instrument panels are very different (CRTs in the 115) although the seats may be good (I need to check this). It does look like a set for the 115 is coming, though. I'll need to get that also when available. I have their jaguar set and agree it's very nice.

Dom

Reply to
Dominique Durocher

"Dominique Durocher" avait énoncé :

Hi Dom,

I have the 2 sets (T.1 and 100). So to have the available set is interesting, and to wait for the other also ;)

Thanks for your precision

Reply to
Flying Frog

What are the external visible differences between the Hawk T.1 and the 115? I have the 1/144 Welsh Hawk T.1 and want to convert it to a CT-155 Hawk 115.

Reply to
Bill Burns

"Bill Burns" avait prétendu :

Hi Bill,

I will try to tell the difference to you in a moment, but my English is really poor, and not sure you will understand...

For the moment I'm busy with my 5 children, but tonight I will try

Reply to
Flying Frog

The nose, wingtip missile rails, fin, tailcone, and wing fences spring to mind immediately. I'm sure that there are other small differences that you could afford to overlook in 1/144 : ) Have you looked at

yet? I'm sure that you'll find what you're looking for at
you could look at
more sites.

Reply to
Jeff C

Lol !!! I'm trying to write that since my message... but why if someone tell it better than I could do, in a really better English than my poor one ? :o)

Reply to
Flying Frog

Yes Jeff, I have seen those and I have looked through Google. Since the earlier messages were from someone who had both kits in a larger size, I felt it wasn't an entirely stupid question. What I was looking for is how these items are different in the two versions: is the 115 fin the same width but just taller, or is it completely different? How the wigs different?

Reply to
Bill Burns

Okay. I'm no expert but as far as I can make out, the fin looks the same except for the various electronics fairings. The wing fences are smaller and there are 3 of them, the nose is most visible being extended in that chisel shape, and though it's hard to tell, I think there are some electronics bumps on the tailcone. If you pick up the Italeri kit, you'll see most of the changes.

Reply to
Jeff C

"Bill Burns" avait prétendu :

Hi Bill, do you want a scan of the Airfix plans (Res Arrows and Hawk

100) ?
Reply to
Flying Frog

Thanks Jeff. Unfortunately, the Italeri kit is not the scale I'm working in. (1/144) See my reply to Chris's message for some of the info I've unearthed.

Reply to
Bill Burns