MAKING NEON LIGHTS

I haven't done this before.

I have a modeling project i'm doing that involves neon lights. Someone told me to use wire, spray paint it with flouresent colors then black light it. Will that work? Also, i'm building scale two to three story building from blue prints and only really need the facade, any suggestions?

Thanks to all! Stephen

Reply to
FLbassLH2003HS

If it for neon tubes you might want to check out the R/C catalogs. They sell thin "neon ropes" that some modelers use to dress up cars and aircraft. I saw a neat expo with a two person team of R/C helicopters that had all the panel lines, skids, boom and even rotar tips highlighted with this stuff. They did a night airobatics display that was just cool as all get out. As was stated before it is made by Miller Engineering and a search on

pulled up white blue red and green 3 ft ropes for 19.99 including the electronics to power it.

Good luck

Scott J

Reply to
Scott J

Another idea is to engrave the text/symbols into clear or tinted plastic and then edge light it with colored lights. The engraved marks will pick up the light and look very similar to neon.

This idea works good for build>I haven't done this before.

Reply to
Jim K