PuffBall Tree Making/ Sky Painting

Can someone exlain to me how to make the puff ball trees you see on a good many layouts. I also am looking for some photo's and tips on background and sky painting for around my moutains. Thanks

Joe

Reply to
Joe Goodrich

There are several books out with details but in general:

1: Use poly fill , they stuff pillows with this

2: Use the appropriate amount for the scale size tree

3: Use a cheap spray paint to paint and cover "all" of the white, some use green some use black.

4: when dry use a cheap spray glue and attach woodland scenic material to cover the ball. Some use cheap hair spray but I have not had luck with that, the material fall off.

5: Aplication to the layout is another subject, I like using a light weight plastic screen suspended an appropriate height above the surface and the puff's glued to it (hot glue from underside) then across the visible edge several inches of detailed full trees to cover up the fact that none of the deeper forest has and tree trunks.

6: these can be used to detail tree trunks also but that is another story

good luck

R> Can someone exlain to me how to make the puff ball trees you see on a good

Reply to
Ronald Gardner

Option 4a - spray puffball with cheap green/black/grey whatever enamel spray can, and while wet, throw into container filled with appropriate coloured ground foam, then shake the shit out of it until its covered. You will find it comes out much larger than when it went in.

Rest as per Bob. Although you might like to "highlight" finished puffballs with a light sprinkling of a lighter very fine ground foam.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Magee

Buy Dave Frary's book on scenery and he will help you with both the trees and wall painting.

Chuck Callaghan snipped-for-privacy@virginia.edu

Reply to
Charles Callaghan

Reply to