Opinions on Cheap Airbrush/compressor for model painting?

Hello group!

I'm sure this has been asked 500 million times but I cant seem to find a faq or anything yet..

I am wondering whats the cheapest way for me to get set up to do some airbrush painting on some resin models? (1/6th sized) I Haven't used an airbrush before but am good with regular brush painting, but s you can guess, it looks terrible on resin models.. (at least trying to do large area's of skin on white resin does look terrible!).. so i am wondering whats the cheapest way i can get into airbrushing without dropping a fortune but yet still getting a good look on the models?

I'll be using Enamel testor paints unless someone suggests acrylic over enamel for a reason? (already bought enamel tho for durablity)

So i asume i need the airbrush, some kind of hose to go to the compressor, and a compressor ? is there compressors youc an just plug into a power slot and they make the air?

how hard are they to clean and the such? basic beginner stuff is also welcomed here, but mostly a good very cheap/decent priced setup is what i'm after (dont have alot of money see..)..

thanks in advance.

Reply to
Electricity

I'd suggest a Badger 350. It's a single action, external mix brush, easy to use and to clean, and probably the cheapest usable airbrush there is. Jerry 47

Reply to
jerry 47

Hey thanks! :) how much does one of these run? does it come with a compressor or do i gotta get that seperate?1

Reply to
Electricity

It's been a while since I bought one, but they should go for about $40.00. If you are in the USA, Michael's craft stores sell them. They always have a

40% off one item coupon in the Sunday papers. Buy it there and save a lot. Also, Hobby Lobby has an occasional 50% off sale on all their air brushes.

You have to supply your own air, either canned or a compressor. Jerry 47

Reply to
jerry 47

After a bit of reading it seems alot of people recommeneding going DUAL action airbrush.. I understand that this means the trigger/push mechanism allows foward and backward motion to allow how much air is coming out? How is this usefull in using an airbrush? being a begginger, I'd rather take the advise of the experts.. I've seen the badger 150 recommended for a good dual action and its only 10 or 15 dollars more than the 350.. Thats not too much i could go for that.. staying under 80-100 is a definate plus and if its worht the extra 15 bucks i could go for double action.. I guess its the compressor thats really gonna get me..

What are your thoughts no dual action?

I am thinking i'm mostly going to be using the airbrush to paint things like skin and cloting on my 1/6th inch resin models. they stand about between 8 and 11 inches tall.. so some fairly niced sized parts.. the samaller parts (like fingers and lips and eyes and toes) i was going to use a regular paint brush on.. so i dont expect to get TOO precise with the airbrush..

Reply to
Electricity