Airbrush Compressors - Simair AirBox

Hi All,

I've just come into the possession (legally!) of a Simair Airbox compressor. I have no manual though, and a visit to the

site simply returns either an error or an attempt by IE to find it for me (i.e., it can't find it either ;)

Has anyone else here had experience of these compressors? It is an oil one (apparently), rectangular, slightly smaller than an Rkive box... What I really need is the manual...

TIA,

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

"Ian J." wrote | Hi All, | | I've just come into the possession (legally!) of a Simair Airbox compressor. | I have no manual though, and a visit to the

site simply | returns either an error or an attempt by IE to find it for me (i.e., it | can't find it either ;) | | Has anyone else here had experience of these compressors? It is an oil one | (apparently), rectangular, slightly smaller than an Rkive box... What I | really need is the manual... | | TIA, | | Ian J.

Hi Ian, I have one of those, but also no manual - what was it you need to know? I haven't used mine much yet but have got a reasonable knowledge of how they work.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor

Well, basically everything about them, which was why I wanted a manual. Safety instructions, how it works, what oil it needs and where to put it, etc, etc, etc. I've never used an airbrush before, let alone one connected to a compressor, so I need help from the ground up...

As yet I don't have the airbrush tho, I'm still undecided as to which make/model is best in the long run (I don't want to buy something only suitable for an amateur, bearing in mind I am going to be making a fair bit of use of it). A friend of mine had the compressor sitting doing nothing, and it is on 'permanent loan' to me in exchange for a midi keyboard I wasn't using...

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

Google returns only a couple of results, with the page indicated above as the homesite. A looked at the cached webage doesn;t show any links to manuals but does give contact details as :

SIMAIR GRAPHICS EQUIPMENT LIMITED RICHMOND HILL, MARKINGTON, HARROGATE, HG3 3PQ U.K. TEL: 01765 677880 FAX: 01765 677889

Suggest you give them a bell or drop them a snailmail asking for a hardcopy.

HTH

Jeff.

Reply to
Jeff McGhie

"Ian J." wrote

| > Hi Ian, I have one of those, but also no manual - what was it you | > need to know? I haven't used mine much yet but have got a | > reasonable knowledge of how they work. | >

| > Ivor | >

| | Well, basically everything about them, which was why I wanted a manual. | Safety instructions, how it works, what oil it needs and where to put it, | etc, etc, etc. I've never used an airbrush before, let alone one connected | to a compressor, so I need help from the ground up... | | As yet I don't have the airbrush tho, I'm still undecided as to which | make/model is best in the long run (I don't want to buy something only | suitable for an amateur, bearing in mind I am going to be making a fair bit | of use of it). A friend of mine had the compressor sitting doing nothing, | and it is on 'permanent loan' to me in exchange for a midi keyboard I wasn't | using... | | Ian J.

If you have no luck getting a manual, post back here if you need to obtain any specific info - special oil *is* required, I got mine from someone supplying ABAC compressors, and is ABAC branded with the name ISO VG 100. I think Simair supply their own type as well.

There is a sight glass in the motor unit to show oil level. You should open the Air tank drain c*ck after each use to release any moisture build-up. If I remember rightly the air regulator was fairly straight-forward to set up.

It's a nice compressor by the way - smooth and quiet. Bit heavy though.

In the meantime, I'll check my files as to the possible presence of a manual - I'm now getting a vague memory of having read it before.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor

Now that's good contact info! Many thanks Jeff, I will snail them for a copy of the manual.

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

It is fairly heavy, I agree, and quite bulky. But my friend said it was very quiet and since he wasn't using it, I couldn't pass up the offer. Thankfully I had a car to bring it home with me (we live 120 miles apart!).

Jeff has provided address details for Simair so I will write to them by snail to see if I can get a manual, and any other maintenance info that might be useful.

Many thanks for the advice given tho.

Ian J. Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.