Best Airbrush for fine lines

Hey folks,

I currently have a Badger 350 which I like a lot (except the cleaning, which is pretty tedious) but I was wondering on any opinions about the best airbrush for painting fine lines, like camoflauge lines. I am using the fine tip on the Badger, and it just seems to spray a little too much on each pass, so I wind up painting large areas that I didn't want to cover. I am also using a Badger compressor, no problems there, but perhaps more air pressure would help?

Yeah, I'm pretty unsure, can you tell?

Thanks,

John

Reply to
John Horner

John, the brush you need is the Badger 200, the latest has the easy clean head and an all purpose needle. to spry a fine line undo the needle 1/2 to 3/4 of a turn and hold the brush

1/2 an inch from the surface with very thin paint in the jar, I do all my camos freehand like this you can use about 15 to 20 lbs PSI
Reply to
Ted Taylor

I have a trusty Paasche VL, and am able to do fine lines successfully with the #1 tip. I spray strictly acrylics; ModelMaster until now but I'm about to try PollyScale. I thin my paint a bit more than 25% and use 30psi. I used this technique successfully for mottling my 1/32 Bf-109G-6; came out very nice...

Cheers,

Reply to
David E. Young