Iwata Airbrush Recommendations

Greetings Friends! I have been using a Paasche H airbrush (single action) for over 2 years. I started with the medium tip, and changed to a #1 "fine" tip and associated parts. The Paasche H works great; dependable, easy to clean, parts readily available; a great starter airbrush that comes highly recommended. It's not cheap, but it is inexpensive. I think that it is time to look for an airbrush that has advanced capabilities such as fine line work, specifically on WWII German Aircraft painting and camo work. I still can't get a super fine line like the ones Floyd did in his DVD demo set. The Iwata airbrush seems to be his secret weapon. So, okay, I'm sold on the Iwata...but which one?

**Question** Given that I work in 1:48 scale and use enamel vs. acrylic paint, I would appreciate an recommendations on Iwata dual action airbrushes? Kindly include pros/cons or other experiences. Thanks for your time and assistance. Regards, Bruce
Reply to
Bruce Apple

Ron Smith

I have used an Iwara Eclipse for about three years ---superb!

Regards

Andy

Reply to
Andy Irving

Thanks Andy, What model? I started with DixieArt.com--the same place I purchased my Paasche H airbrush. I have not found a better site for pricing and product availability. I am currently looking at an Iwata HP-B. I am reliably told that the "crown cup" is important...so if anyone can help me with that bit it would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has experience with the Iwata HP-B airbrush, I would like to hear from you. T.A. Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Apple

I'm very happy with my Iwata Revolution. Have a couple Badgers, Paasche, and other exotic brands but I always reach for my Iwata Rev. Dick...

Reply to
Dick